News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to the California Board - Check-in

Started by bob 210, June 23, 2008, 09:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James E

Welcome artkat2,

I will be one of your instructors next weekend.  Feel free to  PM me before hand if you have questions.  I look forward to working with you.

James E

moose

just figured i should check in here. this is moose from bako cali. :)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.–Thomas Jefferson

SavageShootr

Moose,

Welcome. Glad to have you with us.  O0

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

moose

thanks for the welcome ss, and thanks to you and all the other great people who put their time in at piru 18-19 for  us all to come out and shoot. great time. great learning. doing my best to spread the seed and teach everyone i meet what the history and the meaning is all about.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.–Thomas Jefferson

M1shooter

M106shooter checking in from Stockton, Ca. Spreading the word at the Gun Store I work at and working on word of mouth to everyone I meet.
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson
Aim small, Miss small

V

Quote from: M106shooter on August 19, 2009, 07:40:17 PM
M106shooter checking in from Stockton, Ca. Spreading the word at the Gun Store I work at and working on word of mouth to everyone I meet.
Welcome ought six shooter but are you on the right board?

There's no "P", "R", or "K" in the Great State of California  O0

Just ribbing ya mate.... welcome and thanks again for stepping up

Cheers
Phil

Marpat Pippi

Marpat Pippi Checking In. I will be at the October 31 - Nov 1 shoot in Santa Barbara.

SavageShootr

Marpat Pippi

Welcome to the CA board!!

See you again on the trail.  O0
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

Cal 7.62

Glad to see you made it Pippi!   8)
See you on the trail.  :~
Cal
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

jacques

Yes, Congrats on your score and RBC Marpat Pippi. See you around here.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

TrueGrit

It looks as if I should check in in this forum, I'm currently listed as a newbie.

I'm in Fresno, CA.

Since this is as good a forum as any I'd like to say I went to the range for the first time today since the shoot. I say the accuracy and placements of my groups improve dramatically.

My Rifle was clean and I intend to keep it that way, since I had no jams or malfunctions for over 200 rounds.

I took another nearly identical rifle and shot a 10 round group similar in size but shifted to the right. I knew how to roughly do this sort of adjustment but I moved the rear aperature left 4 clicks with confidence. The next 10 were solid. Proper training can only be utilized when intently heeded and practiced, or so the results would show.

The next time I shoot at an AQT I expect to have the honor of buying my patch shortly there after.

I appreciate the ability to knowing how to fish as opposed to being thrown some salmon fillets. I shot on the ground and found the concrete benches provided by my local range, very nice and sturdy, as a nice trap to catch my brass. I adjusted my previous point of aim from the shoot and landed all but a few rounds outside of black in the course of my days shooting.

I post this as a testament to the principles and training provided magnanimously by the RWVA. I just heard about you recently and am already chomping at the bit for the next shoot.

Best Regards,

Russel
Esse Quam Videri~Latin for Better to be than to Appear

eaglescouter

Russel, welcome to the California section of the forum, it was a pleasure working with you at the Fresno Appleseed.  Keep up the good work.

es
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

LayloPro

Russel,

one of the things you'll find yourself saying as time (and proper practice) passes, is "Wow! This stuff -really- works!" O0

After shooting 45+ yrs with a variety of various training, I was absolutely amazed at the repeatable perfection I was able to see happening....to myself!! Even as I fought to control my stupid left arm, my breathing, my NPOA, I could see the improvements......

Now it seems just kind of second nature of "how to take the shot".......

But wait!! There's more!! I know Bob210 discussed 7th stepping with you as well......actually, even more fun that the shooting.......

I think you'll like it here....... O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

TrueGrit

ES,

Nice to BE at the Fresno Shoot. I'm doing well, learning slow and bit by bit, but I' here. If one is to eat a Whale they must do so one bite at a time...So I take a little bit each day, exploring around in this huge forum of endless possibilities. Thanks again for the tutelage.

Russel

Esse Quam Videri~Latin for Better to be than to Appear

AR10

i would have been to the october shoot, but between fire department training and recovering from a fender bender, it was only a few days ago that i was feeling up to doing anything.

Hannibal

Hello California Appleseeders,

It's great to finally be on here. I made Rifleman at the Dulzura AS on Oct 31st-Nov 1st under the excellent tutelage of FrancisMarion and HollywoodMarine. Eric was there also with an orange hat but I don't know his screen name yet. It took me almost a year of trying and practice since my first AS at Corona December '08 with LayloPro, FrancisMarion and others whose names escape me. I accepted the invitation from FrancisMarion to take on the responsibilties of the orange hat along with one other rifleman that weekend.

Thank you everyone for having me here and I look forward to seeing you all out on the line.

Hannibal

OrovilleTim

Howdy all!

Just noticed this check-in spot and thought I'd do a quick intro post.

My wife, my teenage son, my teenage daughter, and I will all be participating in the Red Bluff event this weekend.

We're already pre-registered and excited and hoping the week flies by quickly and the weather stays nice (but I won't hold my breath on that last one.)

Tim
"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian." - George Washington

NorCal22Gal

Hi Tim,

We hope it's going to be nice too....Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

NorCal22Gal

echomike23

hi i just registered. 

i live in the sfv.  and im going to attend my first appleseed in piru.  looking forward to it.

Mr. Ard

Hey, new here.  I live in Chino and I'm looking forward to attending a Corona event, probably the June event as my wife has filled my weekend schedule for the foreseeable future.

SavageShootr

Gateguy

Hello, First post/ checking in.  i have been to (2) appleseeds Fresno and piru. Big thanks to The Guy, savage shooter, and V ya'll are the best.
I did both with an M1A, not what i had planed but it worked out that way. I plan on doing my next shoot soon and with something not as loud.

LayloPro

Hey Gateguy,
good to see you here, and at the CM gun show this last weekend.
Have fun browsing thru the board, and we look forward to you getting your patch & hat soon......

C-ya in a bit!
LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

Hey Gateguy. Glad to see you made it. Hope you can make an April 17-18 event somewhere!!

SS

Jules

Hi Gateguy!

I have instructed at Fresno a few times, and BaldDragn and I will be there for the May Shoot. Hope to see you soon!

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

PinBreaker

I've been to 3 Appleseeds (2 last year).  Jules will remember me from last month as the guy with the big camera.  I hope to post pictures soon.

brianlkennedy

Greetings from San Diego!
My name is Brian Kennedy and I recently moved back to San Diego after having lived for 15 years in Taiwan. I got my guns out of storage, got them cleaned up and hope to be at the South Bay Rod and Reel shoot in May.  My rife is a basic Ruger Ranch in .223 with peep sights.  I am a member of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association---although truth be told, I have not had a chance to shoot my black powder rifle since I have been back.

I look forward to meeting all the folks here.

take care,
Brian

Herr_Berg

I registered to this site because there is an Appleseed shoot at a range close to me finally! Bay Area shooters can attend the Chabot Rifle Range shoot on April 17-18.

On a side note, I can't find the link to start a new topic anywhere. How do you post a new discussion topic here?
Adversity introduces us to ourselves.

LayloPro

Hey Berg,
Glad to see you on the forum......you'll have a lot of fun getting to know folks.... O0

I do have to let you know, this is functionally a "working board".......if you have an idea, the folks here are more than happy to let you run with it, and if it seems overwhelming, you'll find folks stepping up to help out, if you ask.....and that's a good thing..... @)

In response to your question of posting, when you are at the entrance to a forum board, looking at the selection of threads to choose from, in the upper right side of the menu, and see "Start new post"....hit that, fill in the info, photos & .docs can be added via the "additional options" at the lower left side of the "typing box", and after reading thrice, post once. @@)

Look forward to seeing you guys up in the Bay area start getting some great momentum going this year!! ..:..

TTYS
LLP

Jules

Quote from: PinBreaker on April 02, 2010, 03:55:59 PM
I've been to 3 Appleseeds (2 last year).  Jules will remember me from last month as the guy with the big camera.  I hope to post pictures soon.

Hi PinBreaker aka Guy with BIG camera! Great to see you on the forum. Yes, the sooner you can post those pics, the better! We were talking last night on the Rifleman Radio show ( every (Tuesday evenings on Blog Talk Radio from 5-7 pst) that the promo folks here at Appleseed are looking for pictures taken this year to use for next year. We also have BaldDragn's best friend, TazMan(aptly named) who says he has pics too.

Welcome!

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt