Author Topic: Welcome to the California Board - Check-in  (Read 33186 times)

Online eaglescouter

• Instructor In Training 3
  • Sac Four Ought Nine
Re: Welcome to the California Board - Check-in
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »
Appleseed events are 2 full days, the Redding ranges have limited hours that would not permit us to teach the full program, or are on public land which does not give us full control of a designated safe shooting area.

joe

Hi Joe!

Great to meet you!  Definitely want to get involved with Appleseed, especially if it's as close as RedBluff!!  Why not have one in Redding?

Looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks,
Bryan

Hi Bryan, and welcome to Appleseed.

I'm also in Redding.

The 2020 event schedule is not yet published but will be online in January.

We operate Appleseeds at Sacramento, Red Bluff and Hat Creek.

I look forward to seeing you on the line.

joe
Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Offline bryanrheem

« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2019, 02:53:40 AM »
Appleseed events are 2 full days, the Redding ranges have limited hours that would not permit us to teach the full program, or are on public land which does not give us full control of a designated safe shooting area.

joe

Joe, makes sense.  Are you a member of the Redding Gun Club?  They seem to have enough bays that might allow us to rent one for a couple of days. 

Regardless, Red Bluff is close enough to not worry about it! 

Thanks,
Bryan

Online eaglescouter

• Instructor In Training 3
  • Sac Four Ought Nine
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2019, 04:20:24 AM »
I have been a member of that club, but I am not currently a member.

Their hours of operation for Rifles are:
Sat: 9:00AM to Dusk
Sun: 3:30PM to Dusk

Appleseed events in Northern California are two full days of 8:30 to 4:30 in Sacramento, and 8:30 to 5pm elsewhere.   The Redding Gun Club is a fine facility, but the 3:30 PM start time for Sunday is not really feasible for our program.

Fortunately we have other venues within one hour that work better for our schedule and program.

joe

joe

Joe, makes sense.  Are you a member of the Redding Gun Club?  They seem to have enough bays that might allow us to rent one for a couple of days. 

Regardless, Red Bluff is close enough to not worry about it! 

Thanks,
Bryan
Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Offline Covalent

« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2020, 02:51:00 PM »
Hello Everyone, I signed up for a training class this weekend in Southern California, I look forward to meeting other members.