News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to the California Board - Check-in

Started by bob 210, June 23, 2008, 09:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dando

Checking in!  I also attended the corona AS June 26/27 and was right next to Nehemiah on the line.  It was a great experience and I look forward to more. 

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

graphicshooter

My name is Curtis a.k.a graphicshooter, and I just got my account here on the forum! :) I've been going to the Appleseed shoots for quite awhile now, and as of this Saturday, it will have been my fifth time! I look forward to seeing all you Sacramento area shooters tomorrow! I will mainly be the little helper and photographer. Pictures will be posted sometime Sunday night, so I hope they come to your satisfaction. Have a great night, and I'll be seeing you on the line very soon! xx

Thanks for reading,
graphicshooter
"There's a vulture on my shoulder, and he's telling me to give in".

SavageShootr

graphicshooter Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you onboard.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

graphicshooter

"There's a vulture on my shoulder, and he's telling me to give in".

Mogget

Hi, I'm apple pie, and I just attended my first Appleseed event

Great screen name!  Now all you need to do is bring a friend who picks up the screen name "Motherhood" and we'll be all set!

Rough Rider

Hi I am Rough Rider, and I attended my first appleseed at Piru, CA at July 10/11. Great experience, and I am going to drag two friends to the burro canyon appleseed.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

markhu

I had the pleasure if seeing this couple get their Red Hats on August 1st, 2010th.

Quote from: Marpat Whittemore on December 14, 2008, 07:00:33 PM
This is Nick and Rachel and we are from Santa Barbara.  We would love to help out with our local event, so if you know who I can contact PM me.  Also I would love build a few 10/22 LTR so if you know a friendly FFL in california let me know.
ICXC=NIKA

jacques

Ha, Mark! That was a fun shoot huh? Welcome to the boards!
Two Words-Meriams Corner

4Posterity

Hello to all.  This past weekend I brought my family to the Appleseed event at the Escondido Fish & Game Association range here in Northern San Diego County.  It was the first time that the stars all lined up to get the entire family out to an Appleseed event all at once.  Bob210 ran the event with the able assistance of Cam (camljr), Chris (Freeman), Mike (agenttokyo), Jamie (Sar_squid79), and Brandon (demnogis).  We had about 30 or so participants at the event, representing a very diverse range of ages, skills, weapons experience and historical awareness.  We were the firearms "Luddites" of the group, bringing simple bolt-action rifles into the sea of very well appointed 10/22's, black tactical weapons and other modern implements of marksmanship.

We all came to the event with high anticipation and in agreement that we would all just try to learn as much as possible about both marksmanship and our heritage, and to do our best on the AQT attempts.  Thanks to the fine instruction provided by Bob and his accomplices we were all able to significantly enhance our marksmanship skills, as well as our knowledge and appreciation of our founding fathers. 

Saturday afternoon on the day's only AQT round my buddy Steve (Passinthru) and I were able to post qualifying scores to earn our Rifleman's ratings.  One of my teenage sons probably shot a qualifying score as well, but some target confusion on the line occurred, and when we checked his target he had the incredible score of 375 thanks to the donation of a few addition shots from down the line.  Ooops.  Oh well.  Sunday morning both he and his brother made the grade earning their Rifleman's ratings with solid scores, and both continued to improve their scores as the day wore on.  Mike was able to post a 232 on his last AQT round, edging his younger brother by a few points.  Susie dramatically improved as well, improving her scores by over 25% in a single weekend, but more importantly really learning the mechanics of shooting.  Her goal coming to the event was to make the Marksman's grade, but she ended up just missing her Rifleman's rating, pulling one of her last shots on the final round and ending up with a score of 200.  Now if I had only provided her with an accurized 10/22 instead of a clunker.........

Best of all, at the lunch and evening gatherings my boys listened to the history narratives, recognizing many of the stories told, and realized that their crazy Dad isn't the only one out there who thinks history is important, and that we all owe an un-payable debt to those who forged our nation in a furnace fueled by sacrifice and blood.

At the end-of-event gathering Bob called me to the front, and offered me an Orange hat and the opportunity to earn my way to becoming an instructor.  Guess now it is time for me to try to pay back some of the interest that I owe to those who put "Posterity" in front of self-interests.  I've chosen "4Posterity" as my forum name in honor of those who stood their ground in 1775 and through the following years, and in recognition of the debt my 4 family members owe to them.

We hope to meet many of you in the days to come.

Mark and family
To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Jules

Quote from: 4Posterity on August 16, 2010, 08:15:53 PM
At the end-of-event gathering Bob called me to the front, and offered me an Orange hat and the opportunity to earn my way to becoming an instructor.  Guess now it is time for me to try to pay back some of the interest that I owe to those who put "Posterity" in front of self-interests.  I've chosen "4Posterity" as my forum name in honor of those who stood their ground in 1775 and through the following years, and in recognition of the debt my 4 family members owe to them.

We hope to meet many of you in the days to come.

Mark and family

Welcome Mark and family. This is a wonderful program, and it only gets better!

love,
Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

JohnM

I attended my first Appleseed this weekend in Escondido and it exceeded all my expectations.  Not only did I get the instruction I was hoping for and meet the kind of people I wanted to meet, but I took away something that was just as, or maybe even more important; the realization of just how important the Appleseed Project is to the future of this great Country.  So to Bob 210 and the rest of the instructors , thank you.

As to the instruction, it was fantastic.  When I saw that first Redcoat with my LTR (10/22 with tech sights) I thought there was no way I was ever going to hit those targets that were completely hidden by my front sight.  But as the weekend rolled on, all of the sudden the NPOA became easy and natural and my AQT scores jumped dramatically.  Bob 210 called this the Rifleman's Bubble and I can attest that it its real, and very cool.  From that point on the rest of my AQT's were either in, ore close to Rifleman territory.

Overall it was a great weekend, and just the first of many.

In NPOA I trust.

John
In NPOA I Trust

TheEagleScout

Eagle Scout Alex Harrison Checking in!

I just shot my first Apple seed over the last weekend and will attend two or three more before the year ends!!

Other things to know about me.

kg6obf
Been to philmont.
Assistant Scoutmaster (Rifle shooting, shotgun shooting, ham radio, cinematography and geocaching Merit badge counciler as well)
SocalShooterX on Calguns.net forum.

Anything else you want to know just ask.
"Make good scouts of yourselves, become good rifle shots, so that if it becomes necessary to defend your family or your country you can do so"- Lord Baden Powell

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Piglith

Attend my first Appleseed shoot this Sept11&12th at Saugus, Ca.  Look forward to help and attend all the Saugus meets.
Learned a lot and enjoyed the entire weekend.  ^:)^  All the instructors were very good and extremely friendly. I was completely amazed.  :o  The Revolutionary talks were educational and great.  The instructors come from all over and afar. I was just completely amazed and honored.  Bob 210 and the all the rest (I'm sorry bad with names) THANK YOU!

Bill (aka Piglith)

Cal 7.62

Wecome to the forum Alex and Bill from the Saugus shoot. It was our pleasure to have you come. Hope to cross paths again at another shoot sometime!

Steve #1
AKA Cal 7.62
P.S. I'll post some pics from the shoot in the after action reports in a day or two
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Gunnywag

New guy here.  Shot this weekend at Piru with Dano and a good bunch of guys and gals.  Got my rifleman patch on the second day with a "loaner rifle" borrowed from Nate (don't remember his call forum name).  He really hooked me up after my scope/rifle got squirrelly!  Had agreat time, can't wait to do it again as soon as I can dial in my rifle.   

Gunnywag  -  So. Ventura Co.

L0ck3

L0ck3 checking in from socal.

Hit my rifleman score last weekend at Sunland with a 213 and 215. Looking forward to helping with the program as an ITT and moving my skills to the next level.

Thanks.
L0ck3 (Tom)
310-709-5608
I am capital L zero c k three on Appleseed forum and LibertySeed forum.

Every man has a property in his own person. This nobody has a right to, but himself.
--John Locke

Government has no other end, but the preservation of property.
--John Locke

Jason

This is Jason checking in.  had my second Appleseed shoot this weekend Oct 16 & 17th, 2010, first one was a couple of years ago.  Brought my son, Griffin.  Both of us had a great time and learned alot.  We will keep going until we reach rifleman status.  And will start bringing my youngest son and maybe the wife too.  Great program and thanks to the great instructors who are dedicated to the program and to this great country!

Witnessed .22 cal gal getting her Red Hat etc.  What a happy day!  She was great the whole weekend, loaned my son her rifle for the afternoon, as he was having a little trouble with his sights.  Great program, great people.

Thanks again to all of the volunteers!

JAson

mustanger65

Attended my second Appleseed in Mariposa County.  The Instructors were great as usual.  My wife attended the 1st one in June but was having difficulty with her stock 10/22 sights.  I changed them out to tech sights in hope that that would help.  She still had a tough time.  "Romeo's Hero" loaned her "DoubleD's 10/22 with a scope. Proud to say she got that "Rifleman" patch with a score of 216  O0.  She's going to have to pick a handle soon!  As for me I'm still trying! (181):wall:.  There comes a time when us older folks have to admit the eyes need assistance.  Next spring we're hoping to have the 3rd Appleseed in Mariposa at the Mariposa Fish and Game Range (Great Organization).  Also would like to thank "Chris" for taking the time away from his family and coming over to the left side of the mountains to instruct us in shooting techniques and the valuable history of this great nation.

passinthru

Mustanger65,  Yeah, us 'well preserved' folks get a little belligerent about admitting the eyes don't work so well anymore.  I shot 3 Appleseeds with open sights, plateauing in the   "190's", then put on a scope and made 114.  I could actually see the bottom row of previously "blurries" and "fuzzies".  However, after some scheduled eye work next year, I still want to qualify with iron sights.  Will be working two shoots the next 2 weekends down here in San Diego County, look me up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,steve
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

LayloPro

Jason,
You and Griffin both did a dandy job of persevering!! O0
It was truly a pleasure working with both of you, and all the other Instructors felt the same...... O0

Hope you two & others are able to make it back to a SoCal 'Seed soon, you will be more than welcome!
See ya soon!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

pennys dad

Hi

Just checking in and sayin Hi!
Been to the recent Corona and West End Appleseed.  Thx for a great education and training, Karen and I will cya'll soon.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
Thomas Paine
Calguns handle:  Pennys dad

smogcity

Just wanted to say thanks to V and Rocket man for the great program they put on in Azuza this last weekend. It was my third appleseed and this time I came well practiced and was able to earn the patch.

I put a good deal of time practicing for this one after falling short the last two tries. With days off to hit the range few and far between, I came up with a solution. I commandeered my 9 year old's Red Ryder BB gun and (with jb weld, dremel, and some spare parts) made a Hillbilly home liberty training rifle. I've been shooting 10m AQTs and 20m sodacan-on-a-string until It was second nature doing the 6 steps and npa. The transition to centerfire last weekend was seemless.

Here's the Hillbilly Red Ryder LTR-

Cheers!

Rocket Man

Quote from: smogcity on October 25, 2010, 02:25:05 PMI put a good deal of time practicing for this one after falling short the last two tries. With days off to hit the range few and far between, I came up with a solution. I commandeered my 9 year old's Red Ryder BB gun and (with jb weld, dremel, and some spare parts) made a Hillbilly home liberty training rifle. I've been shooting 10m AQTs and 20m sodacan-on-a-string until It was second nature doing the 6 steps and npa. The transition to centerfire last weekend was seemless.

Hey dude,

I was hoping you'd post that picture.  One thing we sometimes ask our new Riflemen (time permitting) is, "what got you over the hump?"  For you, the answer is somewhat unique, but certainly effective.

For those who weren't there, he scored three?  Four?  Rifleman AQT's including a best 231, all with centerfire.  In fact, his form was so good that V swore he was already a Rifleman, and we almost forgot to give him one!

Thanks for coming out to shoot with us.  Hope to see you again.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

MadMamaBear

I'm checking in!  My name is Kim Maskalenko.  I live in San Diego.  My husband, nine year-old daughter and I are signed up for the 1/29-30/2011 Appleseed shoot at South Bay Rod & Gun Club (a.k.a. Dulzura).  We'll be bringing our Uncle "Fuzzy".  Another family from the San Diego area will be training, as well.  They have a young son and daughter.  It should be a great time!
Give me liberty, or give me death.
Patrick Henry

Francis Marion

Welcome Kim, and we're looking forward to meeting your family the January. 

3ricchu

Hi there, just checking in.

Just attended the Santa Barbara Winchester Canyon shoot and had a great time. It was interesting learned some new techniques that had been so contrary to how I had been previously trained, but I can definitely see the merits of using the sling in all the positions. I hope to attend many more in the future!

Applesauce4360