News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD day in Lewistown

Started by Chainsaw, July 13, 2012, 08:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

It looks like it will be Sat, Sept 1. (Labor day weekend).

Mark those calendars
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

sgtrock

Excellent I'm in

sgtrock

PS, If you need any help let me know

EZ3

EEEEEeeeee HAAAAAaaaaah!!!!!!

:-[

I mean, Huzzah!!!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Chainsaw

Put your steel AQT orders in with Stoner....  let's cover that mountainside with AR500.   :---
Ding....Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching.....Dong....Ding....Ding....Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching.....Dong....Ding....Ding....Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching... ..Dong... .Ding....Ding.... Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching.....Dong....Ding....Ding....Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching... Ding....Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching.....Dong....Ding....Ding....Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching.....Dong....Ding....Ding....Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching... ..Dong... .Ding....Ding.... Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching.....Dong....Ding....Ding....Ding....Bong..Bang... Ching...
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

mal

I hate these little emoticons, but...

^:)^      ..:..

Round count?  I gotta save up...

ETA:  Looks like I have summer hours at work that week, so if you need help i can head up Fri eve, camp over night (if it's open) & be ready to work by sunrise.  Let me know!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

GEmanuel

Tom I am in
Is camping available for Friday and maybe Saturday night?
I take it this will be all steel? You mention getting steel orders in, please clarify and provide details
Thanks
George
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

sgtrock

I posted a link to pictures but it did not work,,

If anyone wants pictures let me know and I will PM you them, until I can re-do the pictures on the computer to post them here.

KD is shot on paper so you can do IMC,,, steel is for fun afterwards.

sgtrock

microred

I'm in!!  Can't wait to get back to that range...it's awesome. Looking forward to meeting y'all.  Sgt Roc, counting on you for snake watch and protection

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

GEmanuel

Tom,
I am signed up. I assume you are the shoot boss, so I am requesting a tent site at the range. I can arrive as early friday as you may need help. Just let me know what time and I'll be there.
Thanks,
George

Yes Platz, the tent is big enough for you too, but I get the cot, which leaves you the .......
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

sgtrock

Here is my range report for AR 450 steel

The groups were shot to edge of the target for a reason, its the weakest part or an area that is prone to damage easier,,
The hits are from 1963, M72 Match Ammo, (30-06) the steel showed the same results as the AR500 steel I have, virtually no deformation at all.

These shots were at 100yds from a Garand rapid fire,,,

This is a pic of the back side showing no deformation

and the edge shot showing no problem either

Close up shots of the hits

And the ammo used,,,,

Looking at it from a side view

Bottom line for me is, I will use this steel for the rest of my targets instead of AR500 because it is cheaper.

Prices at this time in my A.O. are;
AR500 120.00 per target
AR450 95.00 per target

These are 3/8'' plate
They are cut the same size as the repair centers that we shoot at the KD  segments of our events,,,

The head is Not rounded,,,
More to follow

sgtrock

EZ3

I'm registered.  I'll be camping Friday, and I'm off, so let me know if/when you need me there.  I'll take one of those nifty steel targets, too.

Hmmm, horizontal stringing?  You'll never hit the 1000 yd gong like THAT, SgtRock!     >:D

sgtrock

This is 1 of 3 targets I have that I take to shoots
The frames are of 3/4'' re-rod,,, they will take a hard hit.

The last pic is of a frame for a friend of mine that has a range behind his gunshop.

I will obtain them for anyone that is going to the Lewistown shoot, I will deliver them for free,,,

I Do Not Ship or sell anything, I will be making nothing on them,,, merely donating my time to you,, if you want them.

I will get them for people and relay them at shoots that I do, if you want them

They have to be ordered 10 at a time to get a good price,,,,

Frames are extra cost and are made by me and a friend of mine, he is paid for his welding and equipment useage as normal.

I will try and get  some frames made and bring with me to the shoot. I will know what the price of the frames when I get done making them, I need to get the steel and plan a day to make the frames,,,

I will make the frames of what ever size re-rod you want,,, my frames in the picture are 3/4'' rod,, 30'' wide by 63'' tall, I set mine up in tall grass to conceal them some what, for target detection portion of KD

I am doing this as an instructor convieniance, if you want one or two or however many just let me know within two weeks of this date, so I have time to get them done

As for the targets they need to be paid inadvance cause I can't afford to cover the price to have them made and not purchased.

Right now I have 4 targets wanted of AR450 steel, need 6 more to place order,,,

If you want AR500 I have none wanting those at this time,,,

Send a PM If you have questions

sgtrock

sgtrock

Quote from: EZ3 on July 23, 2012, 10:23:09 PM
I'm registered.  I'll be camping Friday, and I'm off, so let me know if/when you need me there.  I'll take one of those nifty steel targets, too.

Hmmm, horizontal stringing?  You'll never hit the 1000 yd gong like THAT, SgtRock!     >:D

nice call there Lee,,, but they are 2 shot groups, I paused and shifted NPOA to get 2 areas close to edge,,, You read targets well ^-^

microred

All signed up and ready to go...can't wait!!  It's going to be awesome getting back to that range...absolutely beautiful!!  Looking forward to meeting
everyone.   :)

lprgcfrank

Steve - what's the difference between the 450 and the 500 steel?
Frank

Quote from: sgtrock on July 23, 2012, 10:35:39 PM
This is 1 of 3 targets I have that I take to shoots
The frames are of 3/4'' re-rod,,, they will take a hard hit.

The last pic is of a frame for a friend of mine that has a range behind his gunshop.

I will obtain them for anyone that is going to the Lewistown shoot, I will deliver them for free,,,

I Do Not Ship or sell anything, I will be making nothing on them,,, merely donating my time to you,, if you want them.

I will get them for people and relay them at shoots that I do, if you want them

They have to be ordered 10 at a time to get a good price,,,,

Frames are extra cost and are made by me and a friend of mine, he is paid for his welding and equipment useage as normal.

I will try and get  some frames made and bring with me to the shoot. I will know what the price of the frames when I get done making them, I need to get the steel and plan a day to make the frames,,,

I will make the frames of what ever size re-rod you want,,, my frames in the picture are 3/4'' rod,, 30'' wide by 63'' tall, I set mine up in tall grass to conceal them some what, for target detection portion of KD

I am doing this as an instructor convieniance, if you want one or two or however many just let me know within two weeks of this date, so I have time to get them done

As for the targets they need to be paid inadvance cause I can't afford to cover the price to have them made and not purchased.

Right now I have 4 targets wanted of AR450 steel, need 6 more to place order,,,

If you want AR500 I have none wanting those at this time,,,

Send a PM If you have questions

sgtrock
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

sgtrock

6 targets requested 4 to go to place order,,,

Edheler

Quote from: lprgcfrank on July 24, 2012, 12:45:34 AM

I am also curious.

sgtrock

7 requested 3 to go before order goes in.

EZ3

Quote from: Edheler on July 24, 2012, 10:00:29 AM
Quote from: lprgcfrank on July 24, 2012, 12:45:34 AM

I am also curious.

Looks like the alloys are pretty similar, but the AR500 has some chrome and nickel.  Guess that's what makes it harder, or able to be made harder.

SSG Platz

Quote from: GEmanuel on July 23, 2012, 11:53:10 AM
Tom,
I am signed up. I assume you are the shoot boss, so I am requesting a tent site at the range. I can arrive as early friday as you may need help. Just let me know what time and I'll be there.
Thanks,
George

Yes Platz, the tent is big enough for you too, but I get the cot, which leaves you the .......

Foot of your bed! Just like old times it sounds to me. I am surprised that this is open to the public.

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Chainsaw

Quote from: SSG Platz on July 25, 2012, 01:34:19 AM
Quote from: GEmanuel on July 23, 2012, 11:53:10 AM
Tom,
Thanks,
George

Foot of your bed! Just like old times it sounds to me. I am surprised that this is open to the public.

~PlatzOut~

Its not.  Instructors only.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Edheler

Quote from: Chainsaw on July 25, 2012, 09:40:23 AM

It's still in http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27130.0 and also has an eventbrite http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2744690443

I know it's instructors only but right now anyone could sign up for it and expect a normal Appleseed.

sgtrock

8 targets requested, 2 left till order goes in.

Chainsaw

Quote from: Edheler on July 25, 2012, 09:44:11 AM
Quote from: Chainsaw on July 25, 2012, 09:40:23 AM

It's still in http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27130.0 and also has an eventbrite http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2744690443

I know it's instructors only but right now anyone could sign up for it and expect a normal Appleseed.

That is in the process of being removed.  The KD is replacing a previously scheduled regular event.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

SSG Platz

You should let event bright then, because it says 35 bucks for any one with a rifleman patch.

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

sgtrock

SSG Platz

Quote from: sgtrock on July 26, 2012, 06:47:32 PM
Targets have been ordered.

Awe shucks, I was gonna get in on that....

~PlatzOut~

sgtrock

You are Sgt. Platz,,,PM sent to you.

Order complete and will be pick up on Tuesday.

I'll make the target stands and have them with me at the shoot.

Thanks folks

sgtrock

Publican

http://www.happyvalley.com/penn-state/psu-football/2012-penn-state-football-schedule

Folks, Just an FYI:

This is the first home game in State College and it is going to be the usual sell out. Traffic will suck at times so just be prepared.
"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican