News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Dakota Check In

Started by rgrosz, June 23, 2008, 10:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgrosz

Howdy to all in South Dakota. It's time to get something going in SD.

First check in

Next try to find a place to have an Appleseed Shoot

Work from there

I'll try to help you as much as I can

Rob

travis256

I am normally out of the Rapid City area but I am currently deployed elsewhere.  I am more than willing to help when I return.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." ---George Orwell

rgrosz

Travis

With you normally out west river and me in the east, we could (should) get something going. How long are you deployed?
Good Luck and hurry back SD misses you.

Rob

travis256

I will be gone till then end of the year.  I definitely think we can get stuff going.  I might have a lead on some land we can use only two things might hold it up:  1. Its near Faith so its kind of out in the middle of no where.  2.  The owner would be worried about liability if God for bid an accident happened.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." ---George Orwell

rgrosz

Know where Faith is (going sod poodle shooting around that town later this year)

You don't think the owner will know that we have insurance for shoots.

We'll see you some time. Hopefully at an AS shoot.

Keep your head down

Rob

Beulahtrash

Not in SD but right on the border, close enough to help out with anything in Western SD. I ussually have to drive a couple hundred miles to go to an AS as it stands now. Let me know if I can help with anything.
Just doing what I can with what I got. - Burt Gummer

I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Whisker

Hello all,

I currently live in Minnesota and have been attending Appleseeds in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota.  I am moving just outside of Chamberlain South Dakota for a couple months in the summer.  Given Chamberlain's central location, would anybody be interested in organizing an Appleseed there?  I am pretty sure there would be a good space on the property to host an Appleseed.

Let me know what you think,
k

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

rgrosz

Whiskersoulstain

Let me welcome you to the forum. I'm the SD state coorinater(sp). And I can't even spell it.
You can count on me to do all I can to help you. I think Chamberlan would be a grand place for a shoot. The first in SD. I'd like to see it. :D :))

Let me know how I can help.

Rgrosz

Whisker

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.