News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SEPT 2008 ALLEMANS/READE RANGE PA INFORMATION

Started by B9, June 23, 2008, 07:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Range: Reade Range

Address: Allemans, PA

When: September 6-7

Range Fee: TBA

Camping available: Primitive camping on site, in designated area.

Hotels:   I included most of the list from the web site for Reade Range.

Directions: From I 80-- Leave I 80 at Milesburg, go South n Rt. 220 to Tyrone.  At Tyrone, take Rt. 453 West to Rt. 253.  Turn South on Rt. 253 to town of Allemans.  In center of town, turn right (West) and travel ½ mile to top of hill (Church and cemetery on right).  Turn left at cemetery on dirt road.  Follow signs to Range.

From Rt. 22 for Western shooters.  Turn North on Rt. 53 at town of Cresson. Follow Rt. 53 to town of Van Ormer.  Turn right on Rt. 253 to Allemans.  Turn Left (West) in center of town and proceed as above.

From Rt. 22 for Eastern shooters.  Turn North on Rt. 22O at Hollidaysburg.  Proceed on Rt. 220 to Bellwood.  Turn left on Rt. 865 at Bellwood and follow Rt. 865 to Glasgow.   At Glasgow turn right on Rt. 253 to Allemans.  Turn left in center of town and proceed as above.

State Laws to be aware of: Check State Laws

Misc: This event location will offer actual distance shooting out to 600 yards, bring the 22 for the bulk of the instruction and the centerfire for some actual distance shooting.

This is a very nice range, the "golf course" quality location that every community should have.  Come on out and experience a great range, some quality rifle marksmanship instruction and American Heritage!

For more information contact: For Appleseed Shoot information:  Stacy via email nelson155@bellsouth.net, B964 AT EWBURRELL@HOTMAIL.COM
For range/camping information:  Tom, range President: 724-352-0234

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/123228580
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

VAshooter

I'll be there for the September shoot. What can you tell me about the range? Do you expect a big crowd? Will Fred bring ice cream for everyone?

VAshooter

B9

Quote from: VAshooter on June 23, 2008, 10:51:43 AM
I'll be there for the September shoot. What can you tell me about the range? Do you expect a big crowd? Will Fred bring ice cream for everyone?

VAshooter

I plan to be there also. I have not been there yet, I may try to get down for a recon soon. There better be a big crowd, with PA being chock full of Patroits and gun owners. Been working on getting the word out. Ice cream? I don't know about that, but if it will bring more shooters, then I'll bring it myself.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

jlacey

I will certainly be coming along, fetching a couple of people with me.What part of the site did you post the hotels etc on?
If you are not prepared,  then you are prepared to fail.

B9

Medea Benjamin

B9

September will be here soon. Who will step up and be the local person of contact?
It is a simple job, just be the local eyes and ears, but can make a world of difference.
Come on PA, I know someone out there in western PA wants to help out.

Pm me if you want to be involved.

Medea Benjamin

RogueRiver

Corrected:

Yeah, come on PA. Nickle's hawkhavn's post about pre-registration numbers shows only 3 13 for Allemans as of Aug 11. Two of those three are me and my pal and we're comin from NY and MD. The shoot is just 4 weeks away...where are the locals?

I left some fliers at the Cabelas retail store (megaplex!) in Hamburg, PA this past weekend. And I'm going to leave some fliers at two gun shops in Delaware County, NY this weekend.

Spread the word, everyone. The range looks deluxe!

B9

I believe the most up to date number is 12. Still very low for such a top notch range in a state full of rifle owners. They may be bitter, clinging to thier guns and religion, but they need to get out to the range.
Am I missing something here? Does PA not want to be a part of saving our country? Do we need to send a team to retrive the Liberty Bell and relocate it to ILL, TX, WA or even CA? I have to admit even NY is hardly worthy of its safekeeping.
Medea Benjamin

VAshooter

Don't worry RogueRiver, we will have that whole range all to ourselves.

We will get to shoot more and and everyone will have more instructor attention than they would if the range was cluttered up with fifty or sixty Appleseed shooters.

I think the problem with PA is that they have too many backstops. Everywhere you look is a hill that would make a perfect backstop for a rifle range. Since the locals have all these ranges they can shoot all they want. They even think they know how to shoot. I'm sure some of them do but others could use a little work to make that coveted Rifleman goal. I hope we can get the word out so that the one's that still need a little work will come to the Appleseed.

Hey Fred, can you arrange for a biplane towing a banner advertising Appleseed to make a few passes over the state of Pennsylvania for the next four weeks?

VAshooter

B9

COMING UP FAST!
Who else here is fired up, ready to go now.
Medea Benjamin