News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Posting on restricted forums...A different perspective?!

Started by Publican, July 01, 2012, 11:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Publican

I believe I understand why non-"hats" are not permitted to post on all threads. I also understand and agree that a private forum may make it's own rules.

After my first Appleseed, I intended to work my way toward becoming more involved in the organization so this (I hope) will not be a continuing issue for me  ;)

BUT.....

For the folks who - for what ever reason - can not/will not become more involved, they may still have valuable information to add to certain threads. I know we non-hats can post in the State specific threads...and I know that the Mod's for each state can/do pass on information at times, but we still can not respond directly with ideas to specific posts.

An example that came to mind recently was the thread started by Livefreeusa in the Project Appleseed Discussions forum titled:
QuoteI don't need Appleseed!
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30393.0

To date (and time) 153 folks have read it but only 11 unique people posted replies. I wonder how many non-hats were among the 153 and how many may have had valuable, insightful comments to add?

Getting the perspective of a non-hat, previous AS attendee might in fact add a unique spin on things.

Just a thought. Not trying to make (too many) waves ^-^
"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican

GEmanuel

Publican,
If you saw how the sausage was made, you might not care to eat it. But, seriously, those boards are not closed because we do not want or value your input. They are what we refer to as 'working threads' where instructors can hash out issues that arise on the line, discuss teaching techniques etc. You can easily get access by becoming an instructor.
The post you refer to was posted on a State Board, and I believe you should be able to reply to the post. If this is not correct, I hope someone will inform me of my error.
The fact that the replies thus far have been from Instructors should not deter you from trying to reply.
The Instructors and Apple Core members of the forum are specifically tasked with filling the lines at our events and perhaps that responsibility causes them to be more active in the pursuit of such questions as that raised in the original post. This is not to suggest that attendees, or even people who have not attended their first event yet do not have good ideas, They DO, and we welcome all of the help that we can get in promoting Appleseed.
It is a huge task bailing out a ship the size of America and we treasure each and every bucket in the cause.
Having read many of your posts it is easy to see that you are 'fired up', and that is our goal, to get every single American 'fired up' and involved.
Try to post on the thread you mentioned and if you are not successful, start a new thread in another area of the forum. Restate the question and post your suggestions. We do want them.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Publican

Quote from: GEmanuel on July 01, 2012, 12:40:02 PM
Publican,
If you saw how the sausage was made, you might not care to eat it. But, seriously, those boards are not closed because we do not want or value your input. They are what we refer to as 'working threads' where instructors can hash out issues that arise on the line, discuss teaching techniques etc. You can easily get access by becoming an instructor.
The post you refer to was posted on a State Board, and I believe you should be able to reply to the post. If this is not correct, I hope someone will inform me of my error.
The fact that the replies thus far have been from Instructors should not deter you from trying to reply.
The Instructors and Apple Core members of the forum are specifically tasked with filling the lines at our events and perhaps that responsibility causes them to be more active in the pursuit of such questions as that raised in the original post. This is not to suggest that attendees, or even people who have not attended their first event yet do not have good ideas, They DO, and we welcome all of the help that we can get in promoting Appleseed.
It is a huge task bailing out a ship the size of America and we treasure each and every bucket in the cause.
Having read many of your posts it is easy to see that you are 'fired up', and that is our goal, to get every single American 'fired up' and involved.
Try to post on the thread you mentioned and if you are not successful, start a new thread in another area of the forum. Restate the question and post your suggestions. We do want them.

My plan!!!
QuoteAfter my first Appleseed, I intended to work my way toward becoming more involved in the organization so this (I hope) will not be a continuing issue for me
I hope that soon this will not be an issue for me. I was just thinking out loud - posing the question.

Naw, this one was in the "Project Appleseed Discussions" forum. No "reply button" available to me. Also wanted to compliment  Foppish Dandy on his nifty Tat but had to PM him instead.

Thx for reply. As to reposting the same thread idea in another section, I will pass - only so as not to add duplication.
"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican