News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Injured Cadre

Started by Sly223, June 30, 2012, 09:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

A past situation occurred and got me to thinkin',
If cadre are  setting up the line and somehow get injured,are they covered?( I personally have insurance & soon I guess every one will).
Hypothetically speakin' let's just say you have a gung ho orange hat that wants to distinguish himself,
He shows up early, takes the initiative and starts setting up the target line. This individual might be Tougher than he is smart, and somehow manages to split his head open, needing a few staples to stop the profuse bleeding and maybe an X-ray for possible concussion. :-[
Should this affect his or her promotion? O.K.This line was a joke!
A more relevent situation would be a slip or back injury!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

ThaiFighter

Quote from: Sly223 on June 30, 2012, 09:41:20 AM
Hypothetically speakin' let's just say you have a gung ho orange hat that wants to distinguish himself,
He shows up early, takes the initiative and starts setting up the target line. This individual might be Tougher than he is smart, and somehow manages to split his head open, needing a few staples to stop the profuse bleeding and maybe an X-ray for possible concussion. :-[

A shoot boss should always have an extra staple gun for just such an issue.   :shootself:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Believer

RWVA has Liability Insurance, not Medical Insurance.  The scenarios you put forth are medical in nature.
SOMSOM

An Ordinary American teaching other Ordinary Americans basic riflery skills and American Revolutionary War History in an extraordinary way.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: ThaiFighter on June 30, 2012, 09:58:58 AM

A shoot boss should always have an extra staple gun for just such an issue.   :shootself:

And duct tape to cover the staples so the shooters don't get squeamish.

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

2 clicks low

Quote from: AFTERMATH on June 30, 2012, 11:48:06 PM
Quote from: ThaiFighter on June 30, 2012, 09:58:58 AM

And duct tape to cover the staples so the shooters don't get squeamish.

Duct tape? Boy, we only get the staples here, you Florida guys get it all.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

alkeford

I got an Appleseed T-shirt to stop the bleeding %). No staples,No Duct Tape, we dont get none of that here. You use what you have then back to work if you want that promotion ~~:)

On a serious note I was by myself. As much as I hate to say it maybe we should be working on the buddy system. I like too get to range early and get set up. If something bad was to happen you would have someone there to get the high powered staple gun and apply the sterile super absorbent Appleseed T-shirt
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

The Wolfhound

Medical grade super glue.  Works better on scalp wounds. ;D

Mutti

Or Medical Staples. Easy to put in and about $8 for sterile disposable gun with 35. Also, if the hair is long enough on either side of the small laceration, just tie the hairs together to close the surface wound.

Working with the Buddy system sounds best to avoid either though.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Chainsaw

It never hurts to have a "911 man."

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Bigcountry

Okay Alkeford I guess I better earn that orange hat this weakend along with my riffleman patch at new symrna so I can go keep an eye on you and make sure you get home with all your parts attached