News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleLL

Hello Texas Company!
DoubleLL checking in... aka Lauren and wife to starfox. We are in the Fort Worth metroplex . I made rifleman in September at Davilla.  We are planning on making the Jan. '10 Austin shoot and the next RBC/IBC camp in Davilla. Special thanks to the Davilla crew and Scout who made our Appleseed experience a good one and keep us coming back.
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

scout34

Merry Christmas All!

Scout34 from Lampasas checking in.  Currently assigned to JSS Shield in lovely downtown Baghdad.  I will be returning to TX in May and am looking forward to continuing my education as an instructor (2 shoots as an IIT before I was so rudely interrupted).

Anybody else from Lampasas out there?

Scout

Hey scout34, doubleL and Viking, welcome aboard! scout34, I will be looking for you as soon as you get back, God keep you safe and return you to Texas in good order.

Everybody, make sure you give Metalbot a PM with your contact info so we can get you all on a Texas email loop. Send him a PM with your email, address and phone number so we can get you on the Texas email and snail mail loop and can contact you by telephone if we need to.

I will have the rest of the Davilla dates set up this week and we should have more info on extra locations in the state within another couple of weeks.

God bless you all and God bless Texas :)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

sleepy Joe

Once I have checked in .. is there a need to do it again?   ..  anyway still here Porter TX
By the numbers

The_VIKING

thnx scout!!  looking fwd to attending one of your meets in Davilla sometime in the 1st part of the year!
"Remember one thing, your government needs you more than you need your government."
USAF '87-'93 Ground Rat
Remover of the Berlin Wall

blackbeard

Any news of another event at College Station/Millican?  I wasn't able to make November, but have been watching for another to pop up.  Haven't seen anything appear yet, and I'm jonesing.  Might have to turn to Davilla or Austin, but that Millican location is pretty convenient.

dragit

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

DNT...Death N Taxes

I'm still here. Just re-upped my membership to 5 years. I'm looking forward to some scheduled shoots in Davilla (especially 4 chances to get to a boot camp THIS YEAR.)....turns out Hwy 36 is a straight shot up to Milano through Brenham (Ammunition To Go) from about 10 miles away from my front door.
Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, and rapists, and even more so for politicians.

Just because you're not out looking for a fight doesn't mean a fight isn't out looking for you.

opossumtx

I found it!  I am in the Houston area so don't be too hard on me, I was born here.

TOP here checking in.  You folks are the best.  Will be looking forward to getting back to an Appleseed in the spring.  My wife is running for County Judge here in Mills County.  I am amazed how much work is involved in a race in a county with only 5000 people.  Our goal is to knock on every door before early voting starts in 13 days.  Need more daylight.  Fortunately the 2 March primary will determine the outcome since it's just my wife and the incumbent in the same party!

judjohns

Hi I am Judy Johnson from Wolfforth Tx proud to be checking in! Did my first Appleseed in November in Midland, TX and am doing another with my husband and 2 friends in  March in Amarillo!

scuzzy

Hey,

Any Texans here for the Muster please post something at the link below too so we can get a head count.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11482.0
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Aromatic

scuzzy, is this board open to everyone?  Texas Rifleman cant see the board.

scuzzy

Quote from: Aromatic on February 02, 2010, 11:03:10 PM
scuzzy, is this board open to everyone?  Texas Rifleman cant see the board.

I thought it was open. Can you see that board?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Aromatic

I can see it but TX rifleman cant.

7.62er

7.62er here.  I went to the Midland Appleseed in November with 3 kids.  They loved it, I loved it. 
I'm in Lubbock and have talked it up and have a good many friends and coworkers eager to have one here. 
Some ideas:  I have a DPS friend here and he said he would look into getting us a weekend at the county LE range.  Has not materialized yet, so am still looking for a place.
  What do y'all think about me setting up a table at next gun show here, drumming up interest?  I don't know if we have any RWVA ROs here, but would like to have someone here who has been to more than one Appleseed.
  I can't help but think that with a population of almost 250,000 with very conservative beliefs, we could get quite a following going here.
  Any suggestions?
Thanks, David.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan

starfox

Hi David,

If you end up setting up something at a gun show in Midland, PM myself or spitstickler and we can get you some materials to hand out.  Spitstickler put together a helluva trifold, and we have business cards and other handouts that are useful.  We're doing the Fort Worth Gun Show on the 13th and 14th of this month.

Cheers!

Quote from: 7.62er on February 06, 2010, 01:28:10 AM
7.62er here.  I went to the Midland Appleseed in November with 3 kids.  They loved it, I loved it. 
I'm in Lubbock and have talked it up and have a good many friends and coworkers eager to have one here. 
Some ideas:  I have a DPS friend here and he said he would look into getting us a weekend at the county LE range.  Has not materialized yet, so am still looking for a place.
  What do y'all think about me setting up a table at next gun show here, drumming up interest?  I don't know if we have any RWVA ROs here, but would like to have someone here who has been to more than one Appleseed.
  I can't help but think that with a population of almost 250,000 with very conservative beliefs, we could get quite a following going here.
  Any suggestions?
Thanks, David.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

didactic

I have a banner and stand, suitable for gun show use, that isn't getting nearly enough exercise.  I know somebody in the DFW area has one, too.  When you get a Lubbock-area show scheduled, if nobody can bring that one, let me know and I'll get mine to you.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Counselor

Counselor here, finally checking in.  Will be at Davilla for April 17-18 AS.

7.62er

Thanks, didactic and starfox.  We just had a show here in Lubbock about 3 weeks ago.  Next time we have one, I'll take you up on your offer.  PM'ed with Spitstickler.  The materials will help out a lot.  I'll let y'all know when I find out a date.
Thanks a lot, folks.  Great crowd!
David.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan

Banana Man

Gray Ghost here, Houston

Last event:  None yet

Next event: Up in the air till I can find something reasonably close to Houston
"If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"
-Unknown

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson

Scout

Welcome fellow Texans! If there is anything I can do for you folks or any questions I can answer, please feel free to PM, email (rangescout@hughes.net) or call me 254-527-3500 home, and 254-217-1325 cell. Thanks for checking in and doing your part to make Texas a leader in the program! :)
BattleRoadUSA.com

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

CaptG

Gray Ghost,
If you don't make it out to Davilla, there is now a College Station/Navasota event on the calendar for Apr 17-18. It's a little closer to Houston & also a great place.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

macjet

Macjet, Forth Worth

Last Event: Newbie

Next Event: EDIT: Registered Davilla March 20-21

I will seek out the booth at the Ft Worth gun show this weekend.
Davilla 3-10

spitstickler

Quote from: macjet on February 11, 2010, 12:45:02 AM
Macjet, Forth Worth

Next Event: Maybe Davilla March 20-21

Hey Macjet, Welcome!

Yep, we'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you this weekend! Are you going Sat, Sun or both :)s
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

macjet

Quote from: spitstickler on February 11, 2010, 03:21:16 AM
Quote from: macjet on February 11, 2010, 12:45:02 AM
Macjet, Forth Worth

Next Event: Maybe Davilla March 20-21

Hey Macjet, Welcome!

Yep, we'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you this weekend! Are you going Sat, Sun or both :)s

Thanks. I was planning Saturday but it's filling up fast with >1/2 stuff. Maybe Sunday afternoon now.
Davilla 3-10

ladyfish

ladyfish

beaumont

davilla - october 09

mary ann stokes

(did not make rifleman, yet. got eyes fixed-now i can see target!!)
maybe make march or april

jonk

Jon K here, Houston

Last event:  None yet

Next event: I am clearing a weekend very soon to come out to one of the events and then I know I will be at the Boot Camp in November.

Scout

I look forward to meeting each of you on the Appleseed Trail here in Texas. For those of you who do not know, I am the State Coordinator for our state and also the regional coordinator for the Southwest states of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas. If there is anything anyone needs to get a shoot going in your area, a range presentation, some promotional supplies, please let me know. You can reach me by PM or email rangescout@hughes.net

When you want to shoot at actual distance plan on attending an event here in Davilla and getting your Actual Distance certification. ;)

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

aggievet

aggievet here

Just missed making Rifleman in Amarillo in April '09

Will be trying again soon.

Hopefully I'll make it to Davilla someday - got a CMP Garand itchin' for some action!

T. J. Barclay