News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

Eleven-oh-Eight Reunion!  Woah!  all the new folks are gonna love it.  looks like good weather, good friends, good time, and a great Appleseed.

Count me in also.  My wife will be with me to shoot for the first time.

We will drive up from Austin, be there ~ 0700 Saturday.

C-Y'all then.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

TheUpsetter

All of you "Branch Davillians" have a great weekend down there at Scout's place.  Meanwhile, I'll be up here in Washington State scoping out a potential DAR and thinking of ways to give Texas and California a run for it's money in 2009. 

_TheUpsetter
"When matters are done leisurely, seven out of ten of them will turn out badly.  A warrior is a person who does things quickly." - Hagakure

Glen Ray

Newbee up here in D/FW

Looking forward to Appleseed this Summer (2009) So that my Son and I can attend together...

Please... Let's have an event that is NOT in Far West Texas....Southwest Airlines still has a "COW" over Rifles as Checked In Baggage...
With an AK...You are able to hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn..
With a Mosin Nagant...You can hit the barn from two counties over...

AdamSelene

Not to hijack the thread but what issues have you had with SW Airlines?  I travel frequently and havehad no real issues with the handgun(s) that I nearly always check as baggage.  Is it an issue with charging for extra luggage?  They now let you put your locking container within a larger piece of luggage.  So I have a case just big enough for weapon, magazines and ammo and place it in my normal checked suitcase. 
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

HK_Fiend

Hi everyone.  I'm here in south Austin.  I'm the co-founder of http://www.texasguntalk.com  I only just found out about the Appleseed Project a few weeks ago and am hoping to attend some events in '09.  :)  I'll spread the word about Appleseed on my forum and hopefully we can start getting some of our people out to these events, or possibly get enough interest to maybe get some new events going in places where there aren't currently any.
''You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.''
— Charles A. Beard

BDG

welcome aboard HK_Fiend. We look forward to having you at our next Appleseed.
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

scuzzy

Howdy, PFC Scuzzy here, reporting from Lampasas, Texas. See y'all in Davilla at the Jan 2009 AS.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

POP

PFC Scuzzy, did you really shoot 290 with that little peashooter?

C U in Davilla.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Aromatic

Checking in from the greater Houston area.  Had a great time at my first Appleseed and look forward to attending another (maybe a bootcamp if I can get the vacation).  Sharing my experience with family members convinced 4 to go in thier states.  I bought another 10/22 and hope to bring my wife or a guest to the next one.

If anyone in the Houston area wants to get together to do some practice shoot me a PM.  ASC allows you to bring your own targets and shoot sitting and prone.

scuzzy

QuotePFC Scuzzy, did you really shoot 290 with that little peashooter?

C U in Davilla.

Naw, that was my dog  Rocco. He's still stying to teach me NPOA and B.R.A.S.S.. He's my hero. The little son of a gun just won't leave them squirrels alone.
scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

pinetop

Hoping to make my third Appleseed at Davilla in February or March.

txrasputin

E checking in from Canton Tx. Made Davilla 11-08 hope to be there in April. Had a great time, Scout and everyone was really helpful. Can't wait till next chance to get down to Davilla.

I prefer a dangerous freedom over a peaceful slavery.  Thomas Jefferson
Make fun buddy!  Ron Paul to Mitt Romney SC debate 01/10/08

Texas EMT

Greetings from a new guy in Midland County.  Going to do my best to get myself, my wife and a couple of friends to the February shoot in Midland.

wcmartin1

Quote from: Texas EMT on January 30, 2009, 11:49:51 AM
Greetings from a new guy in Midland County.  Going to do my best to get myself, my wife and a couple of friends to the February shoot in Midland.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!  Welcome aboard, Sir.  See you there.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Grizzled one

Grizzled one
from El Paso, (New Mexico? Mexico?)

spitstickler

Brand new member (DFW) and first post.

Just found out about this group and am very much looking forward to attending one of the events. I was surprised there wasn't something listed for DFW. Hopefully soon. Until then it looks like Davilla will be the closest location to me. I'm really looking forward to it.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Texian

Another new member from the Dallas area here.  I have enjoyed the shooting sports most of my life, primarily bird hunting, skeet and sporting clays, and plinking with a .22.  I have recently started shooting an AR, and had the mistaken belief that it would be easy.  "The target isn't flying like a bird, it's stationary right?  This rifle shooting should be easy."  Boy was I wrong.  Peering through aperture sights and shooting well with a non-scoped rifle is proving to be a challenge.  I am ready to learn.  In the meantime, I suppose I qualify as a cook.  Don't ask what's for supper.....

bigiceman

Welcome to the forum and the RWVA. I look forward to getting a chance to meet up with you since I am in the DFW area too. Great to have you with us and great to see someone who is willing to learn.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Stimey

Stimey checking in from College Station.

Appleseed Davilla 4/08, RBC Davilla 2/09.

Damn proud brand-new Texas Rifleman and Instructor In Training from Scout's school for distinguished gentlemen, southern belles, and grumpy old men!

See y'all real soon!
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

wcmartin1

Quote from: Stimey on March 04, 2009, 11:30:21 PM
Stimey checking in from College Station.

Appleseed Davilla 4/08, RBC Davilla 2/09.

Damn proud brand-new Texas Rifleman and Instructor In Training from Scout's school for distinguished gentlemen, southern belles, and grumpy old men!

See y'all real soon!

Welcome aboard, Stimey.

Glad to have you, Sir.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

capnmac

Gee, TXpirate, now Stimey, and me, all in Brazos County.

Going to have to go help get Navasota/Millican/Cawthon DAR off square zero, clearly.

POP

Don't forget me!  ;D I lived there during the college years.
You can take an Ag out of Aggieland; but, you can't take the Spirit out of an Aggie.   :~ :~ :~

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

CaptG

I'm signed up for Apr 19th at CS.  ;D  O0  ** It's on eventbrite. Should have 2 or 3 reinforcements with me. See ya'll there. Unless it's not allowed, I'll arrive Fri PM.

Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Stimey

wcmartin1, thanks for your kind greeting.

Captmac, I'll be at the Millican shoot this month as an IIT, but I'm also bringing along new shooters.

I'll be doing an April 19th shoot, but I don't know if it will be in Millican, Davilla, or Corpus.  I owe POP a visit!

I'll also be doing a mid-May shoot, location again to be determined.

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

trailblazer

Trailblazer checking in
From El Paso county - some say it's not really part of Texas but I guess it's our job to win it back! O0

Make Rifleman at 1st shoot with a borrowed rifle   :~

looking forward to spreading the word and meeting a great group of folks

trailblazer

PS from Trailblazer
Good thing I qualified cause you sure don't want me in the kitchen!!!    ::)   ;D

Scout

Congratulations Trailblazer! And welcome aboard! We can use all the help we can get. Did you let Mike know you were ready to start on the instructor trail?
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

WestTx

OK, Scout, Trailblazer's my sleeper agent. As in, she's going to awaken many sleepers to Appleseed. And she is an IIT, fully confirmed and blessed by atticus. I think even fred was amazed by Trailblazer in Jan. Left him wanering off mumbling about sneaky Texicans! ;D
Rifleman. That says it all.

CaptG

Who's in for College Station Apr18,19? I'll be there with at least 1 new recruit.
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Aromatic