News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: TxRebel on May 16, 2017, 11:32:46 AM
We wont hold that against you Mrs. Smith

golly, thanks, TxRebel!   :P   &)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

capnjim01

Hi folks, I'm a transplant from North Carolina, I got here as soon as I could. I've been done here about 18 months and I'm looking to do my first appleseed the first part of November.

NJrefugee

Welcome to Texas!  Hope you'll be able to make it to Waco sometime.

AF5US

Ditto to what NJRefugee said - welcome to Texas!  What part of Texas are you in?

The Waco range is very nice - we're a little spoiled, with an overhead canopy to keep sun, rain etc. off (plus a few other perks).  If you can make it out sometime, we'd love to have you.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed checking in. I just moved back to Texas (Aubrey)  from NC. I'm a SBiT-2, and am hoping to finish up as soon as I can get acquainted with the AS community in Texas. Looking forward to lots of shoots.

"Blood is a cleansing and sanctifying thing, and the nation that regards it as the final horror has lost its manhood... there are many things more horrible than bloodshed, and slavery is one of them!" Padraic H. Pearse 1916

AF5US

Quote from: Tumbleweed on October 09, 2017, 06:53:05 PM
Tumbleweed checking in. I just moved back to Texas (Aubrey)  from NC. I'm a SBiT-2, and am hoping to finish up as soon as I can get acquainted with the AS community in Texas. Looking forward to lots of shoots.

Welcome to Texas Tumbleweed!

I'm in the Plano area; it looks like you're not too far from us.

The Waco range is about a 2 hour trip for you, and where I volunteer pretty frequently.  We have shoots just-about every month.  There's an insulated overhang to keep the rain off, as well as that Texas sun.  There's also a back room with heat & A/C for when you need a break from the elements.

If you get a chance, we'd love to have you come out with us.  November in particular would be a great time for you to come out, although it will be a slightly not-typical month.  That month is reserved for a group of Trail Life boys.  We're arranging for extra backers to accommodate more shooters than normal, so this will be both a larger group than normal as well as a younger group than normal.  They're a good group of boys; we've done this for several years and always enjoy having this group.

I volunteer at most of the Waco events, and am acting as Shoot-Boss-in-Training for November specifically.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, or feel free to PM Ghostring who is the Texas coordinator - he's very approachable and will be happy to help.

-AF5US / Jason

Cool Arrow

Hey guys, I'm Javier. I'm from San Antonio, my nephew Daniel and I completed the Appleseed here in South Texas on October 15th. I completed my first Appleseed back in April.

I took what I learned and ran with it. I've been coaching my nephew for a couple of months now and we're having fun becoming marksmen :) We didn't get our Rifleman badges together like we planned in October but we know how to clean up our mistakes and refine our skills. Appleseed has been the best thing for us :D
Rifleman 11/6/2021
Distinguished Rifleman 12/4/2021

"Fear is the enemy, confidence is the cure" - Emil Praslick, USAMU

"I am confident of certain victory, Pil Sung!"

AF5US

Hi Javier!

It sounds like you're doing the most important thing you can right now - persistence!

You've probably heard this, but most people - especially if they don't have a military background - do not earn Rifleman on their first attempt.  I didn't grow up around firearms & itt personally took me three tries, with some individual practice inbetween.  I know that there are many others with similar stories.

Keep at it!   ~~:)

;D

A Bonsell

A Bonsell checking in..

I was honored to be presented with an orange hat on October 22nd when I took my wife and daughters to the event in El Paso. I will work hard to live up to it. I look forward to getting some events going closer to my neck of the woods, in the Big Bend area.

scuzzy

Hey Javier - looks like you're doing good and thanks for helping out your nephew. S.A. was my old hometown. Lived on the southside for many years.

A Bonsell - thanks for taking the hat. Hopefully we'll run across each other on the trail some day.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Cool Arrow

AF5US and scuzzy Thanks for the good words!

Scuzzy I love this place and only want to leave for a little bit at a time :D

AF5US I know most don't get it on their first go arounds, I am not ashamed that we didn't get this last time. We're signed up for the shoot here on the 4th. We'll get it then. We have not stopped thinking and working. We'll make ourselves proud.

We're going for perfect shots, every shot; and we have no time to think about anything that isn't concerning the rifle in our hands and the target down range :D

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Rifleman 11/6/2021
Distinguished Rifleman 12/4/2021

"Fear is the enemy, confidence is the cure" - Emil Praslick, USAMU

"I am confident of certain victory, Pil Sung!"

AF5US

Quote from: CoolArrowJavs on November 02, 2017, 01:01:54 PM

We're going for perfect shots, every shot; and we have no time to think about anything that isn't concerning the rifle in our hands and the target down range :D

Rifleman's bubble! I love it!

lasermonkey

AF5US

Quote from: lasermonkey on November 06, 2017, 07:13:21 PM
Lasermonkey here Hutto,TX!!!

Welcome, Lasermonkey!

Looks like you're only a short 1 - 1.5 hours from the Waco shoot, if you're ever looking for a place to attend!

TXVoodoo

TXVoodoo just started Apple seed I'm 16, have only been to Apple seed twice. I have taken my blue hat and working on my orange hat, was close with a score of 200.

AF5US

Quote from: TXVoodoo on January 22, 2018, 06:42:26 PM
TXVoodoo just started Apple seed I'm 16, have only been to Apple seed twice. I have taken my blue hat and working on my orange hat, was close with a score of 200.

TXVoodoo it was great working with you this weekend; I'm looking forward to the next event with you.

TxRebel

Welcome to the club Mr. VooDoo!  Like the avatar
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

scuzzy

Quote from: TXVoodoo on January 22, 2018, 06:42:26 PM

You rock Jr. Brother. It was good meeting you.

And sure good to see the rest of the crew. Love you guys.

BadVoodoo

Just took my orange hat, excited to get involved

scuzzy

Quote from: BadVoodoo on February 07, 2018, 09:44:12 PM

Thank you and TxVooDoo - glad to have you guys on board. See yall again soon. And thanks Rebel for getting them involved.

AF5US

I was so happy to hear that you earned rifleman, congratulations!

Next order of business: Find a cool avatar for the forum  ;)

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: AF5US on February 08, 2018, 10:55:53 AM

I was so happy to hear that you earned rifleman, congratulations!

Next order of business: Find a cool avatar for the forum  ;)

A search of the phrase "badvoodoo" led me to this humble suggestion  :cool2:

Welcome to the family!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

The Prizevendor

Hello to all that I haven't met. I'm Jake. I attended my first event this weekend in Waco. I loved it, and I'll definitely be doing more.
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.

NJrefugee

Welcome!  Glad you enjoyed the event. Hope to see you there again! 

AF5US

Quote from: The Prizevendor on February 18, 2018, 11:07:06 PM
Hello to all that I haven't met. I'm Jake. I attended my first event this weekend in Waco. I loved it, and I'll definitely be doing more.

Jake, it was great having you out.  I look forward to working with you again!

I'll have the after-action report out later this afternoon, if you'd like to see what we have to say about the shoot.  All good things - I promise!  O0

The Prizevendor

Quote from: AF5US on February 19, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

I'll have the after-action report out later this afternoon, if you'd like to see what we have to say about the shoot.  All good things - I promise!  O0
Quote from: AF5US on February 19, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

Thanks, Jason!

I appreciate everything y'all do, and it was a lot of fun while learning a lot.
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.

TxJim49

New orange hat looking forward to getting involved and helping out at Waco

AF5US

Quote from: TxJim49 on March 06, 2018, 03:33:24 PM
New orange hat looking forward to getting involved and helping out at Waco

Welcome!

Hmmm . . .

"New orange hat."
"Waco"

Have we met?  I work most of the Waco events.  If not, I'm sure we'll meet soon - I'm looking forward to it.

More importantly - are you able to join us at the Instructor Boot Camp at the Waco range this weekend?  If you can make it, it's a very valuable experience (& fun, too - I promise).

Let us know if you need more information!

-Jason

TxRebel

Welcome Jim.  :F

Yes Jason you have met him.  He is my coworker that has come twice.  He will be at the IBC this weekend
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

AF5US

Quote from: TxRebel on March 07, 2018, 12:24:32 PM
Welcome Jim.  :F

Yes Jason you have met him.  He is my coworker that has come twice.  He will be at the IBC this weekend

O0