News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseanmc

doubleLL & CaptG,

Thanks for the replies and offers of advice and a place to shoot.  I'll PM you before too long to connect with you.  I'd love to see if there was a way to get some events in Houston in 2011.  I'm sure there have been strenous efforts made on that front already, but I'd like to help further efforts where I can.

wolf

two wolves thanks for the reply  that explaines a lot ill be in davilla dec .appleseed if all goes well  see yal there

Cross Brand

Clark from Athens checking in.  I'm new to this forum stuff so please bear with me.

Wolf, congratulations... It was an honor getting the patch with you.

Question:  Is there a way to be notified when new Texas shoots come on the schedule - especially up here in the East Texas area (Athens, Terrell, maybe Atlanta)?

Enjoyed our first shoot and my sons and their friends are trying to figure out when they can go again. When I got home tonight, one of my rifleman sons showed me a 217 target he shoot this afternoon during another practice session.  I believe I'm doing my part to keep the bulk rimfire ammo people in business! I'm glad they are enjoying shooting outside with the real thing rather than playing on the computer inside.

Thanks,

Callahan_Kid

Callahan_Kid

Callahan County

Better late than never...

Can't wait to go to another Appleseed!!
"Of every 100 men, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are nothing but targets, 9 are real fighters, they make the battle.
Ah, but the one, one of them is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
Greek philosopher Heraclitus

spitstickler

Quote from: Cross Brand on December 09, 2010, 11:41:42 PM

Question:  Is there a way to be notified when new Texas shoots come on the schedule - especially up here in the East Texas area (Athens, Terrell, maybe Atlanta)?

There is no automatic mechanism in place. Best best is to keep checking the website.  You can also sign up for the Texas newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/ie3t  It will have what's coming up in the next couple of months.  If you Facebook you can find us there as well: http://www.facebook.com/appleseedTexas
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Cross Brand

Thanks for the reply Spitstickler... Found the Terrel event on the schedule in April and signed up four of us.  Looking forward to it.

rhaig

anxiously awaiting the posting of the Davilla schedule for this year.

Been meaning to get to a shoot for a year now, I have 2 friends that will drag me along once the schedule is posted. 

little red

this is trey from fort worth.  i was at the quail creek winterseed last month.

RF

This is Bob Fleming (RF)
I will be moving to Wichita Falls over the next month.
Celeste, Texas

w3st

checkin in from deep south texas, plan to go to the pharr appleseed on the 16-17th.

spitstickler

Welcome, West, RF, Little Red, and rhaig. Hope to see you at a(nother) event soon!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

etxptfish

East Texas Pineywoods Couple checking in ! Plan to attend the event here in March ! O0 O0

olfart

Welcome, etxptfish! Don't know what part of the ETX Pineywoods you're in, but we're having an event at Atlanta, TX on April 16 - 17. You're officially invited!
"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

Gunslinger

Howdy from Plano! I signed up a few years back, but I got distracted for a while. Anyway I am going to the Terrell Appleseed in April. Hope to see some of you there.

JayMac

JayMac checking in...

Harris County

Bannana Mans left hand man and fellow rabbit rangler...

Rifleman via Sleepy Joe...

Davilla is next on the list for my instructor bootcamp... Scout you listening!  ~~:) ;D

santa dave

hi all,

I'm near San Antonio , in Boerne

moved here 7 months ago from LA

Two Wolves

Santa Dave, welcome to Texas!   :) There was a fellow named Jim who attended our April shoot here in Fredericksburg who also recently moved from California to Boerne area.  Maybe you guys could connect and share stories.  @@)

Come see us in Fredericksburg, regards, Two Wolves.  O0
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

POP

Roger, you beat me to it.

Welcome to TEXAS, Santa Dave

Ditto what Two Wolves said.
Fredericksburg is a great venue for Appleseed, right in the heart of peach country.  I guess we should call them "PeachSeeds" out there.  TW is just one of reasons this venue is so popular.  Stay in touch with him, you'll be glad you did.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

santa dave

Hi, Thanks for a warm welcome.
Sorry I haven't replied. Just tied up with stuff here

I'm be good to meet you folks & the guys in Boerne.

I was at a AS in calif a few years ago,, about 3 years I think.

It was a good time though a little tough for the 'vintage joints" :)

so do the AS folks get together  regularly?

thanks

Two Wolves

Define regularly?  Check the Appleseed schedule for Texas and go see our great state. But for sure come to Fredericksburg. It's closest to you. Three more this year, Sept, Oct, and Dec.  O0  Regards, Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

santa dave

Hi, As to regularly, I wondered if there were more informal meets at the range. Or possibly  get together s before / after for coffee etc.     

I'll check & see how soon I get to meet you folks  :)

thanks

dave

santa dave

I forgot something,,, I saw the  note  about AS in Sept, Oct & Dec.

I'll check on the  on the calender for sept.   Hard to say  for Oct  but Dec will be out for me.
That's my busy time of year ,, gotta take the requests for Red Rider BB guns :)

thanks

dave   

XTR

New here from Lubbock County.
Have not attended an event yet, but will soon.
Joel

Charlie98

Well... better late than never.  Been trying to go to an Appleseed for 4 years, and just finished up at the Leonard, TX AS!

Thanks for getting a venue closer to we North DFW shooters...!
"I have this pistol pointed at your heart!"

"...that is my least vulnerable spot."

scuzzy

Quote from: Charlie98 on August 14, 2011, 09:13:44 PM
Well... better late than never.  Been trying to go to an Appleseed for 4 years, and just finished up at the Leonard, TX AS!

Thanks for getting a venue closer to we North DFW shooters...!

Got back from Leonard late last night myself. It was a good shoot. Hopefully everybody learned a lot and enjoyed the history. I know there was huge improvements in shooting ability.

And thanks to Andrew and Lauren for getting AS in the DFW area. Those two have worked their tails off so that the North Texas shooters now have a number of ranges to chose from.

And thanks for enduring the heat and humidity and coming out and joining us.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

nimrod1691

This is Bill Provence from Duncanville TX checking in. Just back from LittleRock Ark. shoot. Great turn out, instructors and students. I'm not very active on fourms but I guess that needs to change. I've been to several shoots as a student and starting instructor and looking forward to many more............Bill

txgyrl

Hello Everyone!! I finally took up the Orange Hat Saturday in Little Rock, AR!!!! I can't wait to dive in head first!!!! I'm in Duncanville TX  :D

^:)^

Two Wolves

Bill & txgyrl---- Thank you.  O0 Your contributions toward this effort are greatly appreciated.  :)  America is great because you are great Americans!  8) Thank you ~ Two Wolves

ColJackSimpson

ColJackSimpson here.  New IIT in north Randall County (Near Amarillo).
Retired cavalry 1st sergeant, turned school teacher.
The journey continues . . .

spitstickler

Welcome, Col Jack. Glad to have you aboard. Thank you for your service. Look forward to meeting you on down the trail.