News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas One Day Event for Homeschoolers

Started by scuzzy, June 18, 2012, 06:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

As part of a homeschool promo I've been working on I received an email for a lady that is in Irving, Texas (near DFW).

She is with a board member with NICHE, a homeschool group. She would like to setup a one day event this Fall or possibly early next year.

I'll just post part of the email I received below. Can we make this happen? I'd wrote her back asking for a few more details and let her know might be able to accommodate them.

We are interested in whether you provide group sessions for the Project Appleseed presentation outside of the group weekends.  We are a homeschool group based out of Irving, TX (Dallas, TX).  The time frame that we are looking at is Fall 2012 or Spring 2013.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Reddot

scuzzy

Quote from: Reddot on June 18, 2012, 07:20:56 PM
Scuzzy,
PM inbound

Thanks Chuck. Just fired off an email to you, Lauren, Andrew, Floyd, and Kirk about this. Floyd had send a PM already saying he's onboard. Forgot to mention that the homeschool group wants to come out with 20 to 30 people. So yeah, it would pretty much have to be a special event put on for them since that would fill the lines. Quayle Creek most likely venue?

FBJ

I would like to have my name put on your list. I can put in for time off as soon as I know a date.
Sounds like a fine effort.

AlarmList76

Scuzzy,
     Depending on the final dates and location for this event, please put me down as an instructor for this possible event.

Bill
Alarmlist76

scuzzy

I still haven't had any response back on this since 6/19. Kinda disappointed as it seemed that the group was all gung ho on doing this and I spent quite a bit of time doing emails back and forth. I'd sent two emails since the last reply I had received asking if they were still interested or not.

I had hoped to get some type of reply back even if the reply was 'we are no longer interested.' I'm kind of surprised that they would not at least say yay or nay.

Bullet

That's too bad.

I wouldn't give up on them yet, though. Homeschool moms do have a lot on their plates and sometimes other things (...or kids...) take priority over responding to emails. I'm still hoping it works out to have the event! If it does, I'd love to be able to help out.

-Rachel/Bullet
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

scuzzy

Quote from: Bullet on July 09, 2012, 10:37:26 PM
That's too bad.

I wouldn't give up on them yet, though. Homeschool moms do have a lot on their plates and sometimes other things (...or kids...) take priority over responding to emails. I'm still hoping it works out to have the event! If it does, I'd love to be able to help out.

-Rachel/Bullet

You're right about them being busy. I'll give it one more shot. I don't want to appear pushy but I would like to know what's up one way or the other.