News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - 2012Jun16-17 - AAR

Started by mal, June 18, 2012, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Yet another beautiful weekend for an Appleseed shoot at the Elstonville Sportsman's Association. 

We had a very nice turnout with 13 shooters Saturday & 19 shooters on the line Sunday.  On this Father's Day weekend we had not only 2 pairs of fathers & sons, but also 3 families.  Just awesome.

We had a whole bunch of accomplishments as well. 

First off we had 3 new Rifleman:
   -Alex was our first & youngest with a score of 214, then followed it up with a 225.  Great job!
   -Bob, Alex's father, wasn't long behind & eeked in a 210.  Congrats!  And we all know what a 210 means...
   -And on our last QDAQT of the weekend, Mike also juuust made it with another 210.  Congrats, Mike!  To the best of my knowledge two 210s in one weekend was a first at Manheim.

We also had 2 returning Rifleman re-qualify this weekend:
   -Chuck landed a solid 225.  Congrats!
   -Sir Nathan, Alex's little brother, re-qualified a coupe times with a 216 & a 210.  I think Nathan was looking forward to receiving the North Bridge Water christening...  Sorry, mate.  It's only for *new* Rifleman :-)

Saturday evening Chuck cleaned the second redcoat of the weekend, earning himself a Pennsylvania 1st Rifles patch.  That Saturday eve redcoat was fierce.  We had 11 of 12 qualify at 200 yards or better with 7 bucket shots.  Also of note, we had about 5 who missed cleaning the redcoat by only 1 shot.  Nicely done, all.

Sunday morning was greeted with a cleaned redcoat by Nathan who had earned his PA 1st Rifles patch the week before at Elverson.  Good job.

Of notable mention, Bridget was well on her way to earning Rifleman Sunday afternoon... that is until hubby Mike cross-fired into her target.  Oh no!  Hey, it happens and i've done it myself more than once.  We were driving you all pretty hard at the end there during the AQT grind.  Mike did apologize profusely... then went on to secure his Rifleman patch a couple QDAQTs later...  Ouch!  Mike texted me from the *back seat* of the car on his way home to VA, something about the "unusually quiet" ride home...  I didn't pry any further.   Of course, i'm just kidding about the car thing... though i did see her eying my machete shortly after the incident... >:D

And, as if all that wasn't enough, PA has a new Full Instructor & 2 new IITs!
   -Gary (Roverace) earned his Red hat. 
   -Art (carteach) what had just taken the Blue hat last month, stepped up to take an Orange hat this weekend.
   -Bob (rmsr) also stepped up to take an Orange hat. 

Thanks, guys for your past & future efforts.  Individual announcements will be posted in the Pennsylvania State board, but with such an eventful weekend I wanted to include it here as well.

Dag-nab-it!  I forgot to get a group photo...  Well, I think we've everyone in at least one.  A bunch of pics to follow, but feel free to post your own!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Carteach

I was only able to attend Saturday, but it was a good shoot, with tremendous improvement by the shooters.  A great bunch of people, and avid learners.

GEmanuel

It was great seeing so many families on the line this past weekend at Manheim. You all were a wonderful group and we hope each of you will come back to shoot with us again.
Mike, Bridget, Michael and Ian thank you for 'voting' to use your resources to come to an Appleseed from West Virginia. You guys were great!
Bob, Alex and Mike congratulations on shooting Rifleman. Chuck nice job on 'cleaning' the Red Coat and earning your 1st Pennsylvania Rifles patch.
Six families on the line. Wow! You guys made up 18 of 21 total shooters this weekend and I hope you had as much fun as we did having you all here.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

GEmanuel

And a couple more
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

mal

Our posterity... and a couple Dangerous Old Mature Men:
Nathan, Grayson, DOM Sutton, Ian, Dylan, DOM GEmanuel, Breydon, and Alex.

Breydon taking aim.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Bridget on the AR & M1A.  I think she liked the M1A as i heard her say, "Waaooow!"
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Gary, Kenna, Kaity & Bridget.  "Alllll ready on the firing line....!"
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

Carteach

Wow!  Bob and Alex both made rifleman!  That means the whole family is wearing the patch!

mal

Alex
Nathan
Bob
Dan
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

Roverace

What an inspirational shoot it was.
To watch a chorus of body shifts to switch NPOA,  and to witness near perfect form in all positions on sunday was a testament to teachable attitudes and the instructor corps doing our part.

As I looked around when telling the first strike,I could see and feel all were listening and hopfully we were getting through

I would like to thank all the shooters for coming out,and all the staff for helping out.

Roverace