News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Why Appleseed?

Started by gr8horses2003, June 12, 2012, 10:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8horses2003

Went to vote in the primary today at about 14:00.  Polling place empty but for the wife and I.  Asked the volunteers there how many had voted.  He told me that we have about 2000 voters in the poll area and at the time 75 had voted!!!

People, people....wake up!

Ratchett

Voter apathy, ignorance, and laziness is terrible. Then, I hear a story as one told to me tonight by a dear friend and I am reduced to tears.

I have permission to share his story... He is helping his wife care for her aging father, who is in poor health. They also have outside health care assist. The health care worker was inquisitive regarding the Father-in-law' s life and what he did. My friend explained that his father-in-law had been an Army Air Corps pilot during WWII. The health care worker responded with, "Oh really, what airline did he fly for?"

Folks if that does not touch a cord and tell you that we are definitely not bailing hard enough or fast enough, then you have missed the mission and message of this righteous program.

What are you doing to change the climate in this country? Do you really care what you are leaving behind for your posterity? Tryanny or freedom, the choice is yours to make. It is a 365 day a year effort not just a few weekends. What are you doing the other approximate 313 days throughout the year?
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

The Wolfhound

As I passed through the polls about 8AM, I shared it with 7 bored poll workers.  My wife was about an hour ahead of me,  my son followed by 7 hours.  Not sure how many votes in our precinct.  It is ad that so few vote in primaries.  It is the only place where we get any say in WHO we want to represent us.  By the general election it is all about us vs. them, regardless of which "us" we are ascribing ourselves to.

pbcook

Turnout was less than 10% in my precinct, but my "team" collected 16 volunteers who are loaded for bear for the fun in November.  Cloud/silver lining!

I've joked that becoming a precinct captain is worse than becoming an Appleseed instructor in terms of getting to shoot!