News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clinton, IL June 9-10, 2012 AAR

Started by Wurstmacher, June 11, 2012, 08:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

Another fine Appleseed at the Dewitt County Sportsman's Club near Clinton, IL this past weekend.  Boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, fathers, sons, grandparents, grandsons, and even a sheriff showed up on Saturday ready to drink from the Appleseed fire hose.  Lots of sun and 90 degree temperatures required plenty of water drinking too.

Congratulations to Ben, Michael and Richard who joined the ranks of Illinois' Riflemen. 

Keith brought his 3 preteen sons to soak up some history and marksmanship instruction.  It was kind of neat seeing those boys, first ones with prepped magazines, standing eagerly right on the equipment line, ready for "your preparation period begins now" even at 3:00 Sunday afternoon.  Hope to see your family at other shoots this summer.

Thanks Ed and crew for hosting us and cooking lunch both days.

Thanks to The Nailer, RBKL, and A.R. for helping out this weekend.

Oh, and congratulations to The Nailer who earned a Red Hat to go along with his new Instructor title. 

Please post your experiences and pictures.

AK

Congratulations Mike!  Your Red Hat is well deserved.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Mamba

Second Appleseed...a little warmer than that first one last February in Danville! 

I was really happy to see the Nailer and RBKL again...the Nailer's storytelling was one of my favorite parts of my first Appleseed, so it was doubly cool to see him get his red hat.  And RBKL really made me feel better about not being a great shot quite yet....but persevering.  Gracious, gracious lady.  Loved seeing the younguns and their Dad enjoying the weekend...and got a kick out of seeing a law enforcement officer that I recognized (thank you, Sir, for the job you do)...got some great instruction from the ever-patient Wurstmacher, who generously let me shoot one of his guns to try a scope...

The heat and wind made for a few moments of excitement....and seeing my husband make his goal of Rifleman with the bolt action rifle he bought about five seconds after our first Appleseed using a loaner and catching the "bug".  Glad he got it first; God is good and understands marital peace and harmony  ;)

Thanks to all for an another fine event, and see you "on the trail".......
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

The Nailer

It never ceases to amaze me  all the outstanding Americans you meet along the Appleseed Trail and this weekend was no different.  The 3 new Riflemen exemplified what being a rifleman is all about they persisted and per servered and earned their patch, congratulations Mike, Ben and Richard . Everyone showed up with great attitudes and a willingness to learn and it showed in their improvement all and all it was just a really good shoot with a lot of really great people and I hope to see them all again.

Shooter30-06

Way to go Nailer!  I look forward to working with the newest Illinois Red Hat and his bride sometime in the near future.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

RBKL

Another great Appleseed weekend. A great group of people at a great facility.  It was great to some familiar faces and great to see the new faces.   I hope to see you all again in the future.

A busy weekend and only a few photos.  Here they are:

Rifleman Ben.   After a long hot Saturday, he proved he was a rifleman.  Congratulations Ben!

Rifleman Richard.  Sunday brought more cloud and nice breeze.  Richard proved he was a rifleman twice.   Great Job!!

Rifleman Michael.   Sunday Michael also became a rifleman.  He shot a bolt actions, got his rhythm and movements down and show what he could do.

Here are some of our young shooters: Kenny, George and Bill.  Great guys who worked hard all weekend.   Good job and hope to see you back with your dad.  (Bring mom next time too.)

Last but not least is IL new red hat The Nailer (Mike).   He has worked hard to get to this point and I am proud that he has succeeded.  Great job Mike.

Again, Thanks to all of those that came out to learn and experience Appleseed.   Spread the word and see you soon.

RBKL

Brother_COM

The Nailer takes a RED HAT... AWESOME!!!  ^:)^

Good job Mike!

Brother_COM

Amber Waves