News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Billboards

Started by PHenry, June 04, 2012, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

I received the following from SPQR:

QuoteI need somebody who has initiative and a little business sense to start calling billboard companies and see what it costs to put up billboards in some target areas.  You got anybody?

As I have just received my latest "encouragement" from Fred on what I need to be doing - I'll have my hands full for some time.  ~~:)

Anyone interested?

When I asked him about the efficacy of billboards, SPQR sent the following:

QuoteWe have had people get involved because of the billboards.  Any hard data is impossible as most SBs and SCs don't follow through.

The real purpose of a billboard is not to make people run out and sign up, it is to add to the weight of their contact frequency.  It is far too expensive to get them in major metropolitan areas unless the company has a deal with 501(c)3s (which is what happened for us in Indiana.  The company was given the skin that we bought and they put it up on boards after an advertising lease runs out until another company leases it).  It seems far more effective to target billboards in itnerstates near hinterland areas or suburbs.  They are cheaper and still have high frequencies.

Talk to Unbridled Liberty.  He is working on finding more companies.

So, there you have it. For thems with some spare time, a PC and a phone - a chance at greatness!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

I contacted an ol' school chum I used to help with Billboards,His family still has much to do with them down here!
Do you want me to follow up?
What questions should I ask?
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

PHenry

Sly,
Send a PM to SPQR and find out what the SOP might be. Me, I just teach people to shoot. I know near nothing about billboards.  :-[ I did install a cable jack in a billboard warehouse once across a ceiling 30 foot in the air. Did I mention I am acrophobic?

Lemme know how it goes.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!