News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Just won some free printing supplies - what do we need here in MA?

Started by dwarven1, May 30, 2012, 02:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

I just won $250 worth of FREE printing supplies from 123print.com from the blog ma-rooned.com. (I actually won $500 but I'm splitting it between Appleseed and GOAL, two causes that are near and dear to my heart).

So... need the assistance of some Instructors here! WHAT DO I ORDER?

What would help us out here in MA?

Some big flip charts of the Six Steps?
A blown up map of the routes taken on that day (basically, the map from the Minuteman National Park brochure blown up to like 5 or 6 feet wide)?
"lawn"-type signs with the Appleseed logo and arrows on them to be used as directional signs?
big flip charts of the KD information

I need to place the order by 6/15, so please chime in here.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Kaylee

Awesome!

At the last Harvard, I think the biggest thing I could have used was posters showing proper sight picture.
The experienced folk got it right away, but for the newbies it was confusing there for a bit.

... those great big maps of the Story sure are shiny though. :)

Lima Tango

I made 8.5x11 laminated sight picture examples using the old WWII army how to shoot the rifle book and a redcoat target. I think you will all be happy with what I have come up with, after seeing it, there is little room for doubt as to what the correct sight picture should be. I can always make more if you all like them.

My vote is for a map. I always found the map of the alarm rider routes on P.146 Paul Revere's Ride to be very interesting.
Also the map of Lexington Green on P. 192 is good.
A map of the British route from Concord to Boston as you stated would be good.
Although if I had a choice I would pick a map of the battle at Concord for the 2nd strike, similar to the map on P.217, as it can get confusing where the Regulars had troops in several locations.

Either way you can't go wrong with a map.
Just my .02

dwarven1

If you have files for anything you want to see, please send them to me at dwarven1 at gmail.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

lupis42

I'd also suggest getting some more business cards - the ones you had with the Texas challenge on the back, for example. 
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

dwarven1

Quote from: Lima Tango on May 31, 2012, 05:31:48 AM
I made 8.5x11 laminated sight picture examples using the old WWII army how to shoot the rifle book and a redcoat target. I think you will all be happy with what I have come up with, after seeing it, there is little room for doubt as to what the correct sight picture should be. I can always make more if you all like them.

My vote is for a map. I always found the map of the alarm rider routes on P.146 Paul Revere's Ride to be very interesting.
Also the map of Lexington Green on P. 192 is good.
A map of the British route from Concord to Boston as you stated would be good.
Although if I had a choice I would pick a map of the battle at Concord for the 2nd strike, similar to the map on P.217, as it can get confusing where the Regulars had troops in several locations.

I don't think I can get 123Print to make those awesome sight picture demos that you have - we'll have to xerox the inserts, cut out what needs to be cut out and then get them laminated. This is something I think we should go ahead and do anyway, even if we have to dig into our pockets for it. I think that mzweatherby may be able to help with the lamination, though...

I'll see what can be done about the maps - I think that there's a big file in Firewall's download thread of the map that's in the Minuteman National Park handout.

Quote from: lupis42 on June 01, 2012, 12:39:11 PM
I'd also suggest getting some more business cards - the ones you had with the Texas challenge on the back, for example.

Are you talking about the bifold (tent) cards, or the ones I was printing up with my name on one side and the Texas challenge on the back? I can see what they will charge for cards for all our Instructors.

Question - What do folks thing about if I just have them put "Instructor" on the card under the person's name. Or should I have them add in Shoot Boss if the person is qualified? I'm leaning towards just Instructor as that is quite a good title in this program...

Cards at this point would get done for the following Instructors as these are the active ones that I know of... (if your name is struck out and you ARE active, please let me know before Friday when I put in the order! Mentioning some of the recent shoots you worked would be nice...)

dwarven1*
Lupis42*
luv2Bfree
mike93lx*
Goodpiper

Instructor
charliew
jj-22
MattNES (RI)

Round Trip
Sprocket
Stratocaster1422
Voidoid
aim

GEORGE WASHINGTON