Author Topic: Instructors' Actual Distance Clinic July 6-8  (Read 253 times)

Offline DrJohn

• Retired Senior Instructor
Instructors' Actual Distance Clinic July 6-8
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »
Georgia Appleseed is pleased to announce an instructors-only Actual Distance Clinic Friday-Sunday July 6-8. The link is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29667.msg222454#msg222454. We have sent emails to all the instructors for whom we have normal email addresses, but we did not have email addresses for many of our Appleseed colleagues in neighboring Southeast states, even though they are warmly welcome and strongly encouraged to join us. We have been most fortunate in securing the use of a beautiful farm in Elbert County, Georgia, about 40 miles east of Athens and situated along the Georgia-South Carolina border. Of note, the venue has a 1,000-yard rifle range, a lovely farmhouse to which we have access and can use for accommodations, and is loaded with deer, wild turkeys, and hogs. We are most fortunate to have as Shoot Boss PHenry, our Southeast Regional Coordinator, whom many of us have had the pleasure to get to know. Of note, in an organization loaded with talented and dedicated instructors, PHenry is one of the best.

Cost for the Clinic is a nominal $20 per shooter per day. If a person wishes to stay at the large farmhouse, the additional cost is $30 peer day. I believe I share the experience of many Appleseed instructors in observing that the chance to shoot a full-size AQT at actual distance is not common. The chance to get good data on one's "go-to" centerfire rifle out to 1,000  yards is rare. Not only that, but more important, instructors who attend this clinic will learn the skills to teach the Actual Distance component during a normal Appleseed weekend event with skill and confidence.

I had apprehension before my first instructor-only KD Clinic that I may not be able to shoot as well as my esteemed fellow instructors. If that is of concern to anyone considering attending this clinic, forget it! The skills taught are done in the some way we teach any other Appleseed event, and I guarantee those who attend will come away shooting far better than they could have possibly imagined. Besides this, it will be a great opportunity for Appleseed instructors to get to know some of their brothers and sisters in neighboring states, and share fellowship with some of the finest people who walk the earth. Please make plans to attend if at all possible.

In Liberty,

DrJohn
912 223-5808 
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....