News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

yes, yes

Started by Miller, May 22, 2012, 10:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller

Yes, I worked a shoot this past weekend.
Yes, there is another Drinking From the Fire Hose post coming.
I'm working on it....
Highlights:
The 2nd Strike and an educated dog.
Working Admin, and the box of preparedness.
Adjusting the load out yet again, lessons learned and ideas to try.
Rusty skills, the polish needed, and priorities.
Pocket full of win/pocket full of pain.

Like I said....
I'm working on it.
Fearful but resolute.

Twineagles

We all are working on it. To paraphase Heartbreak Ridge We're IITs, sir. We're paid to adapt, to improvise. Hazzah!

Seeing some of the stuff Miller had gave me some new ideas of what to add to my shoot box. Like vet wrap, works slick for stock adjustments.
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Miller

For the vet wrap keep an eye on the horse section at Farm & Fleet, Theisen's, Farm King, Tractor Supply, or what ever farm supply outlet you prefer.  A roll generally runs a buck and change but it frequently goes on sale for under a buck.  I can generally get two stock mods out of a roll.  It's self adhesive, breathable, and grips without yanking hair out of my beard.  Pure win.

Also, version 2.5 of the sight demo tools is in the works with the addition of the brass bead and white diamond found on the Ruger factory sights.

Fearful but resolute.

Miller

Okay, the latest Drinking From the Fire Hose post is up.
Go
Read
Discuss
Fearful but resolute.