News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Totz, Kentucky Appleseed June 7th & 8th

Started by Bama, June 14, 2008, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama

Tony talked me into driving up and participating in the Totz, KY Appleseed shoot on June 7th & 8th, as my first exposure to Appleseed.

I have taken several carbine courses and it was surprisingly refreshing and beneficial to concentrate on just the fundamentals for a weekend. Novice or ninja, these weekend shoots will help you become a better shooter. The fundamentals are what win competitions, trophy racks on the wall and gunfights. Whatever context you may find yourself in with a rifle, training by the numbers will help make a successful outcome.

I took great delight in the historical narratives, and have already ordered copies of "Paul Revere's Ride" to add to my libraries, private and public.

The LTR concept is a brilliant one. Upon returning home I dusted off my Ruger 10-22 and have begun to make the common modifications. I will use it as a trainer not only for myself, but for anybody who wishes to learn. That's the real beauty of the LTR concept to me, as I can afford to train people out of my own pocket. Who wouldn't spend a few hours and $10 in ammo to teach his fellow man/woman how to shoot? The way I figure it, the larger the shooting sports are, the harder our liberties will be to get rid of. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if they banned balls and race cars? If we can make as many shooting enthusiasts as there are Football or NASCAR fans, we will succeed in our goals of preserving our rights and heritage.

I want to thank Funfaler, BigJohn, and Student. They did an excellent job in instruction and running the weekend. I wouldn't have had that last minute success had it not been for BigJohn's help. Thanks to Steve for donating a place to have the shoot. Also a rebel yell goes to Tony and his lovely family who showed great hospitality to us. Tony also worked to help make this shoot happen, and I presume he will help many more happen in the future.

Hooray for Appleseed!

In Liberty,
Bamaboy

To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)