News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rice Lake / Brill SC, WI May 19,20

Started by zamboni_driver, May 21, 2012, 09:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni_driver

Another wonderful Appleseed in Northern Wisconsin.  This time, someone scheduled a Ladyseed and forgot to mention it.   ;)
Lucky for us, two of the five instructors were ladies also.   Five of the initial six shooters were ladies and the sixth was a young gentleman shooter.  Later in the afternoon of day one, two more ladies from the family of our visiting instructors joined the firing line to see what Appleseed was about.  Instructors Gretchen, Red Niva and Morpheus and Blue Hat Asa from Georgia became official members of the Wisconsin Appleseed team.  Here's hoping they come back again soon!

On Sunday, 4 of the 5 ladies returned along with our youth shooter.  A wayward rifleman joined us on the line to see if he would be able to re-qualify.  Fortunately, he was able to shoot a riflemens score.  There were no new riflemen for the weekend but there were multiple scores in the 180s and 190s.   We went from 90 degrees and sun on Saturday, to cooler, wet weather on Sunday.  We fought ticks and mosquitos but we persevered.  Fun was had by all and I suspect many of these shooters will be seen on our lines again.

Now for some pictures....

Rice Lake/Brill SC Appleseed by zamboni_driver, on Flickr

Morpheus

It was truly an honor to be among the fine Wisconsin Appleseed folks this weekend. The ticks did their best to run us off but these shooters persisted and were determined to continue their drinking from the fire hose of knowledge. These shooters returned under rain-threatening skies on Sunday and in spite of the chilly soaking they received from the rain the AQT scores were impressive. I had the privilege of scoring two 184's(from two different shooters) and even a 191! O0 Well Done!! The next step is to sign up for another Appleseed and until then, Dryfire!! :---

Thank you to the Brill SC gun club for the hospitality and the fine facilities that were made available to us. The BBQ was outstanding! :bow:

This instructor feels so blessed that this event conveniently landed on the weekend when we were back in Rice Lake to visit family. Many thanks to Taylor and Zamboni Driver(and many others that we didn't meet) for their hard work on the Appleseed Trail in Northern Wisconsin. Y'all are top notch!! I hope to see you guys on the trail soon.

Steve
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

Taylor

Thanks to everyone who participated in our first ever Appleseed at Brill Area Sportsmens Club. You all had a part in making it a success. Thank you to our host club and its members for their excellent hospitality. We look forward to our next event at your fine facility.  Thank you Instructors for your fine work. GA crew...you have a home away from home here up North. You all are great.

Thank you shooters for your Riflemans persistence through some weather extremes that covered both ends of the dial. Everyone on the line exhibited the potential to score Rifleman with continued practice so keep dryfiring on a daily basis and live firing whenever you can get to the range. Hope to see you all at Blue Hills SC June 9-10.

Pictures to follow as I need to get out and start mowing right now.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

dragonfly

Nice pictures looks like a great time, and guest Instructors from GA, COOL  :cool2:

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Squeeze Gal

Attended the Brill shoot this past weekend.  Really enjoyed the time spent learning how to shoot better and understand the reasons behind this "grassroots" program.
Instructors were great, and may I say, VERY patient but persistant.  I hope I can keep up what I learned and continue to improve.  May even attend another shoot--hear that Zamboni?!  Also, thanks to the Brill Club for letting us use their range and feeding us.  The weather was a bit crazy but it could have been worse!  Thanks to all again, especially our new GA friends.

zamboni_driver

Glad you found us here, did I mentioned Colfax in two weeks?   ;D

Squeeze Gal

It is possible I may attend the Sunday portion.  If not, Rice Lake Rod and Gun Club on June 10th.

Taylor

Quote from: Squeeze Gal on May 22, 2012, 12:53:20 PM
Attended the Brill shoot this past weekend.  Really enjoyed the time spent learning how to shoot better and understand the reasons behind this "grassroots" program.
Instructors were great, and may I say, VERY patient but persistant.  I hope I can keep up what I learned and continue to improve.  May even attend another shoot--hear that Zamboni?!  Also, thanks to the Brill Club for letting us use their range and feeding us.  The weather was a bit crazy but it could have been worse!  Thanks to all again, especially our new GA friends.

Thanks for joining the forum Sqeeze Gal. See you at another Appleseed soon.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pictures...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pictures.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pictures.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Last pictures.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

crash

I had alot of fun sunday as a shooter.  It felt good to re qualify again as well. O0  I have to admit it feels strange being a shooter after being an instructor for so long, as I kept feeling I should be doing something...like getting targets ready, demonstrating...etc etc..  Anyway it was a great shoot and was very good to meet instructors from a faraway place I hope to see them again, even if they had to yell  &) at me a few times to put my glasses on... 

Thanks again.  See you all in colfax!    ~~:)
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

dragonfly

Glad to hear you still got it crash  :---

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Taylor

crash's new handle: LynchPin.

He can explain.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison