News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi June 9-10 Wounded Warrior Project fundraiser

Started by dragonfly, May 21, 2012, 01:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Hello All this one is a special event. This is to benefit our Wounded Warriors: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org 
We have some great prizes donated by Vortex Optics, Armalite, Tech Sights, ProMag, and Craddock Precision.  All proceeds will benefit the WWP.

Thanks for your support
D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

Don't know how often you all spend at the home page: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ But if you wait until the headline scrolls the Lodi event is listed.

D

K.I.S.S.

colycat

Here is another version of the WW fund raiser flier.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Put fliers out at Baraboo Kwik Trips, Circus City Sportsman, Jims Gun Supply, Baraboo Gander Mtn. Kwik Trip Lake Mills, and Reedsburg, Wilderness Fish and Game Sauk City, Recobs in Prairie du Sac, Sauk City Kwik Trip.

Went an IDPA pistol match on saturday, handed out fliers, 7th stepped got some good interest for the fundraiser.

I'm going to Vortex today, Gander Mtn. Deforest, I'll drop some more off at the Army recruiter in
Baraboo.

The mass email went out yesterday with press release.

Brown has been contacting American legion's in the area.

Anyone else getting the word out.

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Hello ALL,
                   One of my favorite stories from April 19th 1775 is that of Sam Whittemore. That old Cuss had  a since of urgency for the day, it still sends shivers down my spine when I think of it. I picture that great old man taking up arms and waiting to give his all to the Red coats.  Even after being shot in the face, bayoneted multiple times he was not giving up. Still trying to reload and fight for our liberty when his family finds him. They lift him onto a broken old door and carry him to a doctor. The doctor see's his wounds and says I can't help this broken down old man, but they plead and the doctor patches him up, and dispute all odds against him he lives. 78 years old in 1775 and he survives to the ripe old age of 96. Just think of all the knowledge and wisdom that old man had to share with the folks in the area. Not only was he a dangerous old man, but he was one of this nations first  Wounded Warriors.
                  We have an opportunity to give back to those that gave so much to defend our great nation. The Wounded Warrior Project fundraiser:  http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/  In partnering with the Wounded Warrior Project we not only get some good press we get to help a great cause, and give back to the community.  This is the first fundraiser of many and Wisconsin has a chance to set the pace for Appleseed into the future. We have product donations from Vortex Optics, Armalite, ProMag, Craddock barrels, and Tech-sights. They donated to our fundraiser entrusting us to do the best with their product. With door prizes, fun shoots we have a chance to raise thousands and help support our Wounded Vets.                                   
                    I'm asking for you to help with the WWP fundraiser. What can you do? You can start by telling your friends about this event, and help fill the lines. We need pre-regs, and we need them now. If you want to do more I'll look forward to your pm, and please reply here with your suggestions: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29299.msg219832#msg219832  I'm sure you will want to be a part of this great event. 

Thanks,
D-fly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Created an event, and invited all my FB friends  :---

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

scuzzy

I pulled EventBrite data from previous attendees at the Lodi range which contains the email address.

What letter do you guys want sent?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

colycat

Jeff is working right now.  I think maybe his post on the DOM.  But lets let him chime in tomorrow.

Any one else in WI have an opinion, or for that matter is anyone else in WI even looking at the thread?

Quote from: scuzzy on May 23, 2012, 04:44:38 PM
I pulled EventBrite data from previous attendees at the Lodi range which contains the email address.

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Trisha

Edit in Red.

Quote from: scuzzy on May 23, 2012, 04:44:38 PM

I am working on this. I will try to have it done by tomorrow. Sorry.

Nevermind, here it is:
Project Appleseed proudly presents a Wounded Warrior Fundraiser!

Project Appleseed and The Wounded Warrior Project are teaming up to raise awareness for injured service members and 100% of donations go directly to the WWP.

Free entry. [color=](with a donation to Wounded Warriors )
[/color]
Free to sign up, just use code NWP109.

[color=]Free [/color]Door Prizes donated by major manufacturers:
Vortex Optics, Tech-sights, Armalite, Promag and Craddock Precision

Free Lunch included. (Donation requested )

Donations are requested (all donations ) to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project

Since I am sending it on here, you are welcome to change the font, size, whatever you need to do to make it work.

Thanks!

Janir

In the Planning thread there is a trifold insert created for the WWP shoot.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

scuzzy

Emails being sent to previous Lodi attendees. Will get some more out when I get back from this weekends shoot.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Miller

Just noticed this event and will spread the word here on the IA/IL border.
The drive is not any longer than I made to the Winterset shoot a couple of weekends ago so I may try to make it up there.  Lord knows I need to spend some time proned out on the line.

I assume WWP donations can be made on site?
Fearful but resolute.

dragonfly

Look forward to seeing you there, and yes donations for WWP will be accepted at the event.

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

colycat

Bring a couple shooters with you also O0
Quote from: Miller on May 30, 2012, 12:38:32 AM
Just noticed this event and will spread the word here on the IA/IL border.
The drive is not any longer than I made to the Winterset shoot a couple of weekends ago so I may try to make it up there.  Lord knows I need to spend some time proned out on the line.

I assume WWP donations can be made on site?

Miller

I'm trying.
One prospect can't.  Something about his daughter's first birthday.  :shrug:
Working on a couple of others though.  Offered to provide all the gear they'll need, transport, and split a hotel room.  Can't make it much easier than that.

If nothing else it looks good for me to be on the line for a nice refresher.

And if it turns out that you have a whole bunch of late registrations or walk-ons and want an extra pair of hands I'll have my orange hat in the car. O0
Fearful but resolute.

Miller

All signed up for next weekend.
Still trying to drag a few folks along with.
Fearful but resolute.

dragonfly

Attendees will have a chance to win from Vortex Optics: http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-diamondback-2-7x35-rimfire-riflescope-v-plex-reticle  I have one on an LTR with 13,000 plus rounds and it looks like new  O0 O0 O0 O0 .

From Tech-sights: http://www.tech-sights.com/about%20ruger.htm A choice of a TSR 100, TSR200 for 10/22 and a TSR200 for a Marlin 795. The best iron sights for your 10/22 or 795 hands down  O0 O0 O0 O0

A chance to win from ProMag: http://www.promagindustries.com/product-p/aa556r.htm  for your 10/22
http://www.promagindustries.com/product-p/aats1022.htm  I liked it so much I ordered one for my self. Perfect for a scoped 10/22 adjustable length of pull, swivel studs added in the perfect place. I love it  O0 O0 O0 O0

And more to come  :~

A great chance to help our Wounded Vets http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/   O0 O0 O0 O0 O0  :~

K.I.S.S.

Trig

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, still finding people to drag.  I have one commited (not yet registered), working on more.
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Miller

Sadly all of my prospects wimped out on me.  I will don the cone of shame.

But.... Looks like 24 pre regs! WooHoo!
A few walk ons and last minute drag alongs and we might just fill the line!

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new folks, knocking the rust off my skills, and helping a great cause.

Fearful but resolute.

Miller

Mostly packed and ready for an early departure.
And for anybody that's read comments elsewhere...
Traveling light this time. ;)
Fearful but resolute.

George Hacker

Miller,

I love your attitude.  I hope it's contageous. ;D

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Miller

Better be.

Else I'm gonna have to buy more duct tape and start kidnapping folks.
Fearful but resolute.

Eric Buhlmann

A very successful weekend, I'd say.  Thank you to all that made this a very special event....a whole lot of good was done this weekend.  I look forward to taking a more "active" role with my new orange hat! Thank you for the opportunity.

BTW, I brought Joe V. with me to to this shoot and he scored Rifleman w/iron sights on his first event.  I think this was my 5th event, but first qualifying with irons, too.  I'm proud of him, and I know he had a great time because he is already talking about who he wants to bring to the next one! 
"Did I seriously just hit that?"