News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thanks!

Started by boeck7991, May 20, 2012, 11:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boeck7991

My thanks to all the instructors at the Appleseed's I've attended in Winterset.

I couldn't have made Rifleman today without the instruction you all provided. When I got home tonight, I looked at the first red coat I shot last year and just smiled. It was a mess like most first red coats are.

Thanks again guys!

Brad.

LawDog

Congratulations, Brad! :)

Miller

What Brad so humbly doesn't mention is that he broke through an earned his patch with a score two points higher than our Shoot Boss Alex who was taking a turn on the line to run an AQT to keep his hand in.

Much ribbing did ensue. ;)

Well done Brad, and thank you for coming out to spend the weekend with us.

Fearful but resolute.

RC-Lori

Quote from: Miller on May 20, 2012, 11:39:37 PM
What Brad so humbly doesn't mention is that he broke through an earned his patch with a score two points higher than our Shoot Boss Alex who was taking a turn on the line to run an AQT to keep his hand in.

Much ribbing did ensue. ;)

Well done Brad, and thank you for coming out to spend the weekend with us.

Congrats, Brad!! ^:)^

And thanks, Miller, for coming out to work with us!  Our family had a GREAT time and learned A LOT!  And you know you're completely indebted to me now for spending my very first Appleseed ever as your own personal guinea pig who dialed in your Ruger for you so you didn't have to. (Alex wasn't the only one who got "ribbed"--So how long is going to take before touching my  ribcage and right shoulder doesn't make me wince anymore??)  Since I can't seem to get you on two wheels yet, I guess I'll settle for making you my personal "take home chef" sometime since I try to get out of cooking as much as possible. 

So what's the deal with the wall anchors again?  John didn't catch what you said about it and doesn't understand how it could work without some sort of propellant.  Explain it again, if you please.

Good luck with instructor training--You'll make a great one!  But be sure to get that trigger side leg up more in the prone position--I'll be GLAD to help you out with it, no problem!! ~~:) >:D
Lori
Motorcycle RiderCoach since 2010
I think I finally figured out what I want to be if I ever decide to grow up.

Miller

The wall anchors are just for dry fire.
The Ruger's don't need em because the firing pin is captured in the bolt but some other rifles say do not dry fire in the manual.  For them using a plastic wall anchor will protect the firing pin and bore while allowing you to dry fire.

As for getting that trigger leg up....

Ten years of goaltending...
Plenty of pulled tendons.
I'm pleading wear and tear.

You'd never know now that I used to be able to do the splits fairly easily.
Fearful but resolute.

loves2hunt59

Way to go Brad!!!!

Dry wall hangers??? Guys real honest to goodness plastic 'snap-caps' in 22lr aren't that expensive  ;)

Miller

Quote from: loves2hunt59 on May 21, 2012, 11:41:40 AM
Way to go Brad!!!!

Dry wall hangers??? Guys real honest to goodness plastic 'snap-caps' in 22lr aren't that expensive  ;)

As may be...
But I've already got a bunch of the drywall hangers in a jar on the work bench.
;)
Fearful but resolute.

Twineagles

I thought Miller brought everything he owned to the line. I must have missed the workbench........

Brad looking forward to seeing you later this year wearing that as Bryce so eloquently puts it "silly" orange hat. You showed that you are a man who knows what he is about.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Miller

Funny you should mention the workbench....
Catch me out at Don and Karen's place and a work bench, or at least a work table, is part of the load out.

Mind you....

A small bench with a vice would be useful for field 'smithing work like clearing obstructed bores, adding sling swivels, sights, mounting scopes....

Hmmmm......
Fearful but resolute.