News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

JAKES Day promotional event in Grove - May 19, 2012

Started by henschman, May 16, 2012, 12:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

Howdy!

Do you like kids?  Do you like guns?  Well, how would you like to help introduce Appleseed to over 1,000 kids and their families this Saturday, including live fire?  I have secured Appleseed a spot at the National Wild Turkey Federation's JAKES Day event in Grove, OK this Saturday.  This is a huge event in this part of the state.  We already have several Oklahoma instructors who will be helping out, but we need all the extra manpower (and LTRs) we can get. 

The way it works is that we get groups of 12-15 kids for 40 minutes each.  We get these groups consecutively all day long.  The NWTF rules require a 1/1 Instructor/shooter ratio, with the instructor loading the rifle for the child and handing it to him for each shot.  The more instructors we can get, the larger the number of shooters we can have on the line at a time, and therefore the more of our 40 minutes we can spend talking about Appleseed and teaching marksmanship fundamentals, instead of having to run the kids through the live fire in a bunch of relays. 

I am working on the program of instruction and course of fire. 

Registration starts at 8:30 a.m., the safety briefing is at 9:00 a.m., and the event starts at 10:00 a.m.

There is a banquet for all the volunteers Friday night before the shoot.  There is camping available, and motels nearby.

If you are interested in coming, and/or if you have input on the POI/COF, please PM, e-mail, or call me.  My e-mail is ok@appleseedinfo.org, and my phone number is 4o5 88o o5o6.  I will send directions and further details to all who are interested. 

I will also be posting further details in this thread as they become available.

Thanks,

henschman
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819