News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dashboard for June 9-10 Lodi WI Wounded Warrior Project fundraiser

Started by dragonfly, May 08, 2012, 06:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Status and Task List for:

Lodi WI June 9-10 Wounded Warrior Project fundraiser

Event Information

Date:  June 9-10
Shoot Boss: colycat SBIT TriggerNick
Instructors/IITs: Janir, Infidel, WyattErp, dragonfly
Pre-Registrations: 22   
Event Information Page: Lodi WI
Pre-Registration Page: Sign up for Lodi offer code NWP109
Flyer Download: WWP flyer set 1 WWP flyer set 2 WWP flyer set 3

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

Host contacted
   Present to club's Board of Directors
   Event scheduled with Host
  ]Host Application signed and submitted
   EIP information submitted
    Shoot Boss : colycat
    Red Hats : Janir, dragonfly, TriggerNick
    Orange Hats: Infidel
    Management of target backers and shoot supplies: D-fly, colycat
    Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

This is a special event donations requested for the Wounded Warrior Project. woundedwarriorproject.org

Items donated by Vortex, Armalite, ProMag, TechSights, and Craddock Precision

Distribute Event Flyers at Winnequah Gun Club
    Distribute Event Flyers at Gander Mountain, and other gun stores
    Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
    Post event information at http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/forum/ 
    Post event information at AR15.com
    Post event information https://www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed
    Post event information in local newspapers
    Post event information on local radio stations community calendars
    Post event information at WinGunClub.org
    Other promotional tasks?
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

First Press Release sent today May 8 2012

Jeff Davies
Project Appleseed
608-370-1747
WI@appleseedinfo.org

FOR IMMEDIATE  RELEASE

Project Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic Wounded Warrior Project fundraiser at the Winnequah Gun Club Lodi WI June 9-10 2012. Registration begins at 8am, the clinic will continue until 5:00pm both days. All proceeds  to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.

Project Appleseed is an activity of The Revolutionary War Veterans Association and dedicated to teaching every American our shared heritage and history as well as traditional rifle marksmanship skills. Find out how Marksmanship saved the day on April 19 1775.

Participants are taught fundamental rifle marksmanship skills that allow a Rifleman to be accurate out to 500 yards, with iron sights, rack grade rifle, G.I sling and surplus ammo. Most of the instruction at a Project Appleseed event is conducted on the firing range at 25 meters, at reduced size targets to simulate 100 to 400 yards. Students will learn safe gun handling, fundamental rifle marksmanship skills, and Revolutionary War history.

Fulfill your CMP requirements at Appleseed and be eligible to purchase WWII era rifles directly from the Civilian Marksmanship Program at  discounted rates.

Marksmanship Clinic fees: This event is free to all attendees, but we request that you make a donation to the Wounded Warrior Project.

To register online go to http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27216.0
For more info email WI@appleseedinfo.org
http://www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed
Wounded Warrior Project: woundedwarriorproject.org

Project Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic will be held at:
Winnequah Gun Club
P O box 296
N2249 Lange rd NE
Lodi WI 53555
                               ###

K.I.S.S.

Janir

Lodi WWP flyers made up and stored in Dropbox account per last PM' messages to D-fly.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Janir

Here is the 3 fold insert flyer for the WWP. I suggest that people print it out in color and staple to the front of the AS trifolds.
Then hit up every gunstore, outfitter and range you possible can.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Trig

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Janir

Made some more rounds saturday to guns shops this weekend getting flyers out and talking to people in the stores. Hopefully one or two may make the trip out to the WWP shoot.

Trisha

Finally received a phone call from the Baraboo News Republic, they will be putting my letter to the editor in, which is more of just info about the event rather than a letter. It will be a press release, but she told me that her editor may not choose to put it in since it is in Columbia County and not Sauk, so we'll see. The only problem is they can't have websites in their letters so I had to take that out. My hope is people will google Appleseed or maybe there will just be walk-ons...

As of right now, I will be there most of Saturday to shoot and it looks like Sunday too! Can't wait.

Trig

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Trisha

Quote from: triggernick on June 06, 2012, 06:54:35 PM
you may get to meet Wolfie yet!  ;D

You mean to tell me ill get to see if she truly exists? haha i cant wait to meet her.

LadyVetch

Press release in Lodi Paper today and in the community events section.

Tim will be cooking.  BellRinger was planning on instructing.  LV will be helping where needed.

We will be setting up the Range (lang gate) on Friday at 11am.  If you are in the area (don't drive from MILWAUKEE!!!! and are available stop by to help.  We will be setting up shelters and tables/chairs and of course, the line) 

BellRinger is creating Black, OD Green, Purple or Purple & Black (purple is the same purple as our Ladyseed Patches) Paracord Survival Bracelets to sell with proceeds benefitting the Wounded Warriors.

Any special preorders for those who know they will be attending?  Let him know your wrist size/color choice and BellRinger will make one sized just for you.  He normally sells these for $10 each.

Looking forward to a fun weekend.

LV
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

dragonfly

I'll take one black cobra wrist size 7and 1/4"

Thanks,
D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Infidel