News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rally for Common Sense, Sat. May 19, Holt's Summit, MO

Started by Survival Doc, May 08, 2012, 10:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survival Doc

I plan to attend this event and set up a table to hand out Appleseed brochures. I am going to donate the $25 non-profit vendor's fee (cheap!) I think I have enough brochures, but that's all I have. Does anyone near me (St. Louis) have any other materials I can use, such as a banner or poster I can hang on or above our table? Also, if there are any other Appleseeders who are going to attend this event I would like to network with you at this event.

Last year this event was called the "Patriot's Field of Dream." I attended and it was a lot of fun, but the turnout was disappointing. Hopefully they have promoted this year's event better and there will be a better turn out. By the way, one of the speakers this year is Herman Cain. (Why they want an unrepentant Federal Reserve insider cronie as a speaker is beyond me, but perhaps he will be a draw.)

On a related subject: I attended the recent Prepper Expo in Springfield and was disappointed that there was no one representing Appleseed. This made me sad especially considering that it was the first Expo that introduced me to Appleseed. I think this event could be a key event for bringing in new people. This year for the first time they combined it with a gun show.