News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Sighting!

Started by AuntieBellum, May 02, 2012, 09:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

So as I sat on the couch today flipping through the channels trying to find anything worth watching at 3 in the afternoon, I stumbled upon Shooting Gallery on the Outdoor Channel.  Today happened to feature the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot.  As I watched, I noticed an Appleseed t-shirt in the corner of the frame.  A closer look made me think maybe it was TBE. I glued my eyeballs to the TV for a little bit more, and soon confirmed that it was in fact TBE.  And then for a split second they let SPQR in the shot, too, red hat perched on his head.  Movie stars in our midst - way to represent at Knob Creek, gentlemen.  A good reminder to us all to wear our Appleseed shirts and hats out in public - free advertising for the win.   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Cooper

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

GoldFish

Quote from: AuntieBellum on May 02, 2012, 09:31:02 PM
And then for a split second they let SPQR in the shot, too, red hat perched on his head. 

Some producer said, "Who is that dude with the dang good lookin' face?  Holy *expletive*, we've gotta him on TV!  If only we had a better shot of his whole face..." 

And now Huff, that ridiculously good lookin' face of yours is finally getting some of the recognition that it deserves (though still not nearly enough). 

Your career in front of the camera is about to explode.

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Rimshot

Congrats SPQR.  You now have 14 minutes of fame remaining.  Use it well.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

Pitmaster

I'm watching it now. Hope I haven't misses it. I'll Starr watching shirts.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

yellowhousejake

Honestly they might have swung the camera over for a moment just to see what hot chick was with such a manly man as TBE.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Uncle Davey

Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

SPQR

To know me is to love me.  To touch me is to melt into the brisk autumn of your own personal heaven.   
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

Quote from: SPQR on May 03, 2012, 12:23:39 AM
To know me is to love me.  To touch me is to melt into the brisk autumn of your own personal heaven.   

They wanted TBE's shot.  You were just that dude they had to put up with to get the shot they needed.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

2 clicks low

Quote from: SPQR on May 03, 2012, 12:23:39 AM

There will be no living with him now. :wb:
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

jrturbo

Any way to get a clip or link to a clip posted?
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

Uncle Davey

Omg, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth $$-0
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

TBE

Stick with me kid, you'll go places......nice places...with machine guns.
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776