News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A new Rifleman for IOWA !

Started by Cooper, April 30, 2012, 04:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Congratulations to Iowa's newest Rifleman, Andrew!
The son of one of Iowa's latest wave of IIT's, ΙΧΘΥΣ, Andy's first ever AQT was a blazing 235 !!!  ^:)^

I see another orange hat in the future, and Project Appleseed in NE Iowa reaching the tipping point...

Congratulations once again, Andrew!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Miller

And full credit to Andrew here...
After earning his patch on Saturday he cam back into the mud on Sunday and tried again with a different rifle with completely different sights.  Alas the combination of unfamiliar equipment and unforgiving weather kept him from hitting that Rifleman score again but he was knocking on the door.  That sort of willingness to keep learning will make for an excellent Orange Hat after a couple of more 'seeds and a solid Red Hat not long after.
Fearful but resolute.