News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

****** Ohio's Newest Red Hat *******

Started by KAH, April 30, 2012, 10:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAH

I'm pleased to announce that Louie earned his Red Hat at this weekend's event in New Philadelphia Ohio. 10 shooters and 4 instructors were on hand to confirm that Louie embraces the  Appleseed Mission and is dedicated to instilling that sense of passion in the hearts and minds of others.

Louie did an outstanding job of both instruction and heritage presentations.

Congrats  and wear the new hat proudly !!

Huzzah -- Huzzah -- Huzzah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Corvette

I was lucky enough to be one of the instructors at the shoot to witness Louis' performance this weekend. Great job Louis and congrats.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Ratchett

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ CONGRATULATIONS LOUIE!!!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Sad I could not be there to witness, but was there in Spirit! What an honor it has been for me to watch your steps down the AS trail. Fun times for sure!!!!!!!!

Sharing your quote after your first AS: "Trying to tell my wife about Appleseed was like trying to explain a rainbow to a blind man."

In His grip,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

GoldFish

Congratulations Louie!!!  I am thrilled to finally see you in that hat, and honored that I was there to witness your hard work and 'coronation.'

Can't wait to work with you again soon...

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

GEmanuel

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

posterboy

RPD

I was proud to have been there for this MOMENTOUS occasion!

Congrats, Louie!!!

-RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Dangerous D

Louie--Welcome to the Red Hat Ranks! Can't wait to work with you again soon.

Louie

Thank you all.
My path has been long but all of you were there to help me along.
Huzzah to all of you!
My love, hope and thanks to each of you and to this wonderful, wonderful program.

See you all on the trail!
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." --George Washington, Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1789

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

the buckeye trapper

Congrats Louie. It was great meeting you in Gibsonburg for the IBC, I look forward to working with you down the trail and sharing some of your "campfire cobbler."

RedNekEngr

"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

George Hacker

Congratulations, Louie!  Well done. ^:)^

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Edheler

stagehand steve

"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Fives

"A hero is no more brave than an ordinary man, he is braver five minutes longer" RWE