News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bellevue, MI April 28/29 2012

Started by Superheat, April 29, 2012, 11:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Arrived home at 21:45.  Boy am I tired. 
3 new rifleman, 2 new orange hats and one big bucket over the side of the ship.   Huzzah!

Stay tuned for more...

waveman

Two new orange hats?!?!  Sounds like a good weekend  ^:)^

allow me to hand you your whip  ~~:)

Rascal21

Rascal21

mac66

HUZZAH!

Three Dogs shooting Rifleman and getting his hat   O0

Diamond Sharpshooter taking a hat as well!   O0

More Rifleman added to the corps   O0

More Appleseeders added to the family  O0
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

brianheeter

DiamondSharpShooter took an orange hat!!!!  Waaaahoooooooooooo!!!!!!

*ahem*

Now get to work!

Looks like you guys had a great shoot.  I see youth.  I see perseverance.  I see people looking cold but staying at it, anyway.  Awesome!  Well done, neighbors to the North.  Well done!

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

SteelThunder

So I don't have much more to add other than....WOWZA!  12 shooters, 4 Rifleman, 2 new Orange Hats!

Some of my favorite quotes of the weekend:

"There is no bad weather...only bad clothing choices" -- Superheat (stolen shamelessly from someone else  ;D)

"That's the most fun I've ever had being miserable!" -- Anonymous

"Any weekend that ends with brownie crumbs in my shoot box is a good one" -- Superheat

"That was some nifty shooting!" -- Jake

(After shooting a 210 and getting bathed in the waters of the Rifleman) "Wet?  That was nothing compared to yesterday" -- Bob

"I just picked up 40 points in my offhand shooting" -- George, a competitive highpower shooter commenting on the quality of instruction

Saturday was miserable yet nearly everyone returned to absolutely glorious weather -- where else can you start a weekend getting sleeted on, soaked to the bone in freezing rain and end it stripped down to a t-shirt and a sunburn on your neck?  Michigan!

My favorite memories...

2 young shooters toughing it out all Saturday in awful conditions

Jake shooting safely all weekend

Seeing 6 orange hats on the line all at once (nearly outnumbering shooters)

Graywolf's history -- holy crap, that brother can preach it!  I could listen to him all day!

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

MI-copperhead

Wow what a weekend ! Saturday was the kind of day that tests the metal of riflemen and those who aspire to be riflemen. The 10AM start to the shooting saw sleet with mixed snow and rain turn to steady cold rain with an cold east wind that by days end made February's Lapeer Winterseed Ice house seem positively cozy. No griping though, as we were warmed by thoughts of our fore fathers at Valley Forge, fathers at the Ardennes Forest or fathers at the Chosin River basin. Everybody stuck it out and drank from the firehose of Appleseed instructor knowlage. The payoff was Sunday was with 3 newly minted riflemen, one repeat rifleman and 2 new orange hats in the ever increasing ranks.
A lot of shooting was cramed into Sunday because of Saturday's weather (Redcoat, 6 AQT's, Carding sights, Ball and Dummy,Parker's Revenge "run" and fun shoot, and Known Distance) and everyone showed something durring the course of the day. I was most impressed with my fun shoot partner, "Sam I am", when it came to the Known Distance event, as she proved she knows IMC and how to shoot by placing all 5 shots in the green at  100 yards. I see a riflewoman patch in your future very soon Samantha.
We also had a lot of history presented to us just to make sure we remembered where the line we are standing on came from and to see that it does not stop with us.
On the fun side I hope someone got a pic of my 75 yard sprint  because no one I know will belive I can run that fast ( my calves are still "talking"to me about it)  ;D
To new friends and old, it was good seeing you all and thanks for getting off the couch  ;)
To "Three Dogs", Bob, and George congratulations and welcome fellow riflemen   O0
To SH, Bee, Steel, GW, R21, IM, Burbs, Larry and the 2 new guys TD and DSS, thankyou for sacrificing so much of your weekend in the cause  :bow: 
I hope to see all of you somewhere on the trail again soon.
Ok everyone let's start bailing !  :sos:
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Sparty

Looks like fun was had by all even through the nasty weather.  Sorry we missed it....hope to see you all at the next Bellevue shoot.  ..:..

Graywolf

This was a great weekend in spite of the weather!  We had teachable shooters, not enough warm clothes, and more fun than we knew how to handle.

Congratulations to 3 Dogs and Diamond Sharpshooter for taking the Orange Hat.  Now you really get a workout!

Congratulations to Bob and George in shooting Rifleman!  Well done!

Hats off to BeeFree for her 2nd Strike presentation!  Absolutely moving and powerful.

Lastly, our young shooters amaze me.  Given the cold and wet on Saturday I thought they would be quitting and going home.  They stuck it out and never complained.  I'm looking forward to them coming back next month.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Superheat

What can I say.  Saturday was less than ideal but Sunday was worth every minute.

Lets not forget George with his bugle.  Chills down my spine each morning.   O0

Alex and Dominic were a joy to have on the line.  I'm glad you will be back next month.

Congratulation to 3.Dogs, for making rifleman.  Rifleman persevere, even in pain.

Bob, Nice job with those iron sights.

Sam, You are getting close, keep it up girl.

Pinky even closer with a 200,  almost.

Brent, thanks for stepping up to help bail the sinking ship.

I hope to see you all on the trail soon.
Superheat.

3.Dogs

Twice now I have logged on to make a post on the AAR and twice I have been distracted with reading of other forums and posts.  I guess third times the charm. 

Thank you to everyone for the congratulations.

Thank you to all the instructors who have helped me on this long and sometimes painful road.  I know I will probably forget someone but here goes.   IntheBurbs, Superheat, Swamp Thing, Mac, Grindstone, Madhatter, Beefree, Waveman, Usul, Miki, Rascal, Scorpion, and Steelthunder.  You guys are awesome. 

What to say about Saturday.  Cold and completely soaking wet.  Beefrees second strike was powerful and moving.  If anyone didn't understand what the subject matter was, they weren't listening.
Sunday on the other hand was wonderful.  Finally shooting Rifleman and getting my Orange hat.  I loved watching the run and gun as well as the KD shoot. 

All in all, good with the bad I have to say it was a pretty darn good weekend.
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

D.S.S.

I had a great time.  Scorpion, thanks again for all of your help in modifying my rifle.  It feels good to know that a Rifleman score can be accomplished with my own equipment.

It's time to start giving instead of taking so I gladly accept the Orange Hat.  We can only accomplish the "saving of the ship" together and I am honored to be a part of the team!

See you all at future events!!

DSS
"Somehow, it is OK for little Johnny to shoot and kill in a gory bloody mess aliens and humans alike, but it is absolutely evil to actually shoot at a paper target at a range."  --Marco Vorobiev

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  --Thomas Jefferson

Aim small...miss small! --The Patriot (movie)

BeeFree

Every time I try to post a response, my computer decides it's time to throw itself off the internet cliff... let's try this for the THIRD TIME...

3.Dogs and DSS - Thank you for stepping up to the orange hat! -  Congrats to you two and to George and Bob on the Riflemen scores! 
It was fantastic to see Sam and Jake and Dominic and Alex on the line, and shooting better and better... You are the reason we do this - the next generation of Citizens who exercise the rights their ancestors fought for.  George, thank you so much for the bugle - I hope you had a good convo with Fred about that 40 points offhand!  Cadre, it was a pleasure, as always, to work with such a professional crowd, always on the lookout for new ways to improve, and willing to share them.  I hope you had as much fun as I did...

BeeFree

PS - Yes, my red CROCS really DO have superpowers.  And I'm NOT really as fat as those pics make me look.  :---
Make Orwell Fiction Again!