News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fresno, CA Mar 31- Apr 1, 2012 AAR

Started by Garand56, April 02, 2012, 11:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand56

We had a wild roller coaster of a ride with the weather over the weekend. Saturday AM looked promising with cool but windy conditions and 10 shooters. After lunch and history things deteriorated quickly until by 2:30 it was blouring (blowing and pouring) so hard we couldn't keep the targets on the backers long enough to get back to the line and start shooting before they were washed or blown off. Not long after that everyone was soaked top to bottom and front to back, so we decided on a tactical disengagement until Sunday.

The 4 brave shooters who returned Sunday faced blustery conditions again, and again the weather deteriorated throughout the day. We were left with only 2 shooters by late Sunday afternoon, but both Milo and Chance managed Rifleman scores despite the way less than ideal conditions. In fact Milo shoot Rifleman 3 times and ended with a high score of 222-with a rifle without a sling no less. Chance shot an even (and carefully confirmed) 210, but we didn't soak him for fear of inducing pneumonia.

Thanks to all who came out and to Krahnic, ScottyL33T, and Binary Bro for sticking it out, In fact Binary Bro actually wore shorts both days-in defiance of the weather no doubt. At least he wore a coat so the rest of us wouldn't freeze just looking at him. See you next time.

G56 OUT

We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

vixtar

I just want to say as one of the participants this weekend that this was a GREAT event, all the instructors were awesome and completely helpful. I unfortunately ducked out early on Sunday afternoon due to my own physical limitations. But it was a great time and i look forward to the next event.

Also as a side note incase Milo and Chance do check this forum CONGRATULATIONS to both of you for getting your rifleman scores!

And again a big THANK YOU to the instructors as i learned alot and i had alot of fun, hopefully I will get to see you guys again in June for the next Appleseed event.

Vix

Krahnic

Garand56 forgot the mention that the wind seemed to die down when we weren't shooting and always picked up when the shooters got on the line.  So, congratulations to Milo and Chance for being able to persevere through the wind and get riflemen!!!
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

Garand56

thanks Scotty. And yes those are big rocks holding the mats down (not too successfully).
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

SeñorBaer

A barefoot shooter seems to contradict previous reports of bad weather.  Actually this was just before the rain drove us off the range.

Anyway, the wife and I had a great time.  And the bad weather just adds flavor to the story of how hard it was to shoot while the wind was gusting.

We'll be back in June!  I'm bringing my wife and son, and I've invited my brother-in-law and nephew.  So I'm bringing three new shooters to the party.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for volunteering, and I'd appreciate someone telling where the link is to start the process.

-SeñorBaer