News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bakersfield, CA. Dec. 21-22, 2012

Started by Cal 7.62, April 25, 2012, 01:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

What a glorious day for freedom! The instructor crew & I arrived bright and early eager to get at it. But, because of scheduling conflicts at the range, we had to wait until 9:45 to get started. In the mean time we'd set up the admin table in the middle of the parking area and preceded to get all the paperwork out of the way. Once we were assigned a range everyone pitched in to get things set up, especially the EZ-ups. The weather this weekend was  to be in the 90's.
1st to arrive were Parker and his friend James. Both are fine examples of today's youth. Both were safety conscious and attentive during the history.
   Next, all the way from Taft, our seniorest, but young at heart, Ted. He persisted for a day and a half, before (to quote Ted) "wisdom over ruled his body, for once!" he called it a day.  I just want to say Ted has a riflemans heart and will get that patch in the future. I salute you sir!
Joining us again was a father and son pair "Fast" Lou & David. They managed to recruit another father and son, Lance & Liam. Way to go guys!
Back for another crack at the coveted RM patch were Randy (IIT "TheShaw" 's coworker) and Paul (DocSheepdog). Both earned the patch and took on the orange hat of destiny!  Welcome to the crew of the Titanic gentlemen. Here's a bucket for each of you, now start bailing!
Last but not least we were joined by Ellen, a lovely lady from Frazier Park who persisted all day Saturday (despite an old shoulder injury). Displaying her rifleman's bubble, Ellen shrugged off a hot brass burn. 
We solemnly distributed the broadsides and led into the Volley for Liberty. The 3 Strikes were delivered and well received. Getting off to such a late start had me worried about the time monkey, but even with breaks because of the heat, we managed to get in 2 QDAQT's.
We lost a few shooters on Sunday but also gained a few new ones.
Joining us  Sun.  we had John (Freeman) a returning rifleman.  You still have it, John!
DocSheepdog brought his son Michael and another father and son pair Bob and Grant. Unfortunately Bob wasn't feeling well and left shortly after arriving.
New arrivals Michael & Grant quickly absorbed some of the firehose water and groups started to shrink.
By the end of the event on Sun. we had 2 orange hats, 3 riflemen, a few more getting close, and more Americans awake to their heritage.
When I finally got to bed that night, I was very tired. But it was a "good" tired, because I know somewhere John Adams is smiling!
P.S. I couldn't have done it without the help of my hardworking IIT's
moose, TheShaw, & tony stark. Thank You gentlemen!   

"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

Sorry they're L8, but here's the pics.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

more pics

TheShaw

I had fun congrads to Randy and Paul new orange hat, more help the better, let's camp out in June Appleseed. TheShaw :bow: