News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New York has 2 new Instructors

Started by R1SGx2, April 23, 2012, 04:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

Help me to congratulate our two new Red Hat Instructors:

The Mrs. / Sue

and

Dakota30 / Michele

Long / grueling / tasking road for both. Thank you for stepping forward and staying with us, we need the help.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Dakota

Congratulations to you both!

I'm glad we got to meet and exchange ideas at the IBC last year, hope to see you out in the field!
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

sgtrock

The Mrs.
Very well Deserved, I know exactly how dedicated you have been to this program,,, A Redhat that is earned with such devotion will be treasured for a long time, I look forward to working for you shortly.

Dakota30
Very well Deserved again, It is true in my beliefs that the person knows when they are ready, that is humbling, which in part makes a great teacher and mentor, you ladies are doing the right things,,

Congratulations to the both of you

sgtrock
Steve Stoner

R1SGx2

NOW GET OUT THERE AND GET MUD ON THEM HATS....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Josey Wales

Quote from: R1sgx2 on April 23, 2012, 04:00:38 PM
Help me to congratulate our two new Red Hat Instructors:

The Mrs. / Sue

and

Dakota30 / Michele

Long / grueling / tasking road for both. Thank you for stepping forward and staying with us, we need the help.

..WHAT IS THIS!!!???!!!.. &).............Sue and Chely................AWSOME ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

..You both rule!!..  I go to NJ for one weekend and NY takes off like a rocket ship, this is amazing!!

..Like the Tee Shirt says.... "Strength & Honor"............in life, so to prepare for a good death..........

.............................................Josey Wales...... :---...............................

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

CharlieHotel

Congratulations to both of you. Thank you for your continued efforts...

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

Another D.O.M.

It's true - I was there and I saw it with my own eyes!

Congratulations to both of you.  It has been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to doing so again.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

The Mrs.

Thank you all so much.

I have had such tremendous support as I drank from this firehose!!  I was honored to be able to earn my hat at this particular shoot.  It has been just 2 years since the day I took my very first shot with anything other than a bow at the Patriots Day Shoot at SaraSpa.  Thanks to Imker, MADMark, Stick Mark and Ryan I made it through that day without doing damage to self or others.

At the risk of having this sound like an Oscar acceptance speech,  I need to express my appreciation.

I have had so much support, so many great mentors - pushing me, tweeking me, and yup sometimes pulling me up short a bit ~~:).  Always with the goal of making me a better instructor so the I could do a better job for the shooters.  Thank you so much to the wonderful ShootBosses for whom I have worked....Stoner, Josey Wales, Stick Mark, and all the great instructors and the camaraderie.  I have learned from all of you.  And LittleMo...what can I say.  You kept me going.
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Odin

Great Job both of you.

Both of you have worked hard to get that hat, wear it proudly.  Hope to see both of you out on the trail.

Dan
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

Spartan

You two really deserve it.  Thanks for all of the work that you put into it.
"With your shield or on it"

VietVet

Congrats to you both. I've had the pleasure of meeting and working with both of these new RH's and looking forward to working many more events with each of you.
I see Green in your future, or is it Red and Black?

Well done! O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

LittleMo

Fantastic! ^:)^

Both of you had great mentors and learned well from them, not to mention the many hours of studying, practicing, and teaching shooters.

The Mrs. (Sue) is an example on how great the Project Appleseed program is. The same weekend two years ago she went to this thing called Appleseed to be taught how to shoot. She had never fired any kind of firearm before then, and she wanted to learn. Learn she did! O0 
(Sue is a way better shooter than I am, and maybe better than most! One has to look closely at the jagged hole on her target to discover 5 bullet holes! :---)

Both Michele and Sue are Riflemen....er....Riflewomen that persist!

Congrats to the both of you!

Gary

(pictures to follow)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

dakota30

;D. WOW.... thank you all for your kind words. I feel as tho I should be the one saying THANK YOU.  Just like Sue, two years ago this time was my 1st Appleseed, and I knew after that rainy  Saturday that I would be back for more.
I've been very lucky to work with such a variety of Bosses, Red Hats, and Orange Hats that were a couple steps ahead of me. I really did learn so much from watching you all. Thank you to A.D.O.M. for all of your hep and hints, Josey Wales, you were the 1st SB to throw me on the line to call out the COF as a brand new Orange Hat. Thank you! I was scared! MadMark, Spartan, you two are funnier than others realize (no one gets dry humor anymore)   Sureshot, thank you for keeping me sane! Greg is our engineer,  who knows what we would do with out him,thanks Top Cat for your help and friendship. Goodluck in Colorado.  To Little Mo and The Mrs. It has been a pleasure working my way up the ladder with you two.and finally. ... R1sgx2 (rolls right off the tongue) Mark, you are the one I always turn to when I needed help along the way, you pushed me to do more than I wanted or thought I could at the time. Thank you. I look forward to working with many more of you great people!
Michele

Smurf

CONGRADULATIONS TO THE MRS. AND DAKOTA 30 !!!!!!!! Two of the finest RED HATS on the line!!! The Mrs. was the first person I met at my first Appleseed and she has guided me thru the program. Dakota30 was my instructor on the line the day I fired my first rifleman score.  They are both very, very knowledgeable in both history and heritage. Superb at educating, motivating and encouraging all of us.  They both worked so very hard for this moment. Have either of you actually taken the RED HATS off yet???? Still sleeping with them on??? Well, get some mud on it!!!! Best wishes from the SMURF to you both.

LittleMo

Pic of Michele and Sue accepting their Red Hats from Mark. Congrats again!
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

GEmanuel

Congratulations MRS. AND DAKOTA30
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

SavageShootr

CONGRATULATIONS to BOTH of you!!!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete