News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Intro

Started by Old_Lightfighter, April 22, 2012, 11:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Lightfighter

I probably should have posted up an intro long before now, but the regular job as been quite busy lately. 

Worked my first Appleseed in the Orange Hat this weekend, and glad to be a part of the team in Sierra Vista - very glad.  US Army (Retired) after 21.5 years, with a varied and interesting career.  At any rate, I love being involved in the training of firearms responsibility, firearms proficiency, and the great aspect of the history involved. 

Rogers' Rangers live on!    O0

Tom

George Hacker

Welcome to Appleseed, Tom.  I hope you have as much fun travelling the Appleseed trail as I have.  My favorite part is watching the flame of liberty glow in the hearts of shooters during the telling of the history.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

AZRedhawk44

Welcome, Lightfighter! 

I really need to get down to SV and meet some of you folks down there... it's been quite a while and there's a lot of new faces down there to meet!

AZbinary

You did a great job this weekend Tom, another orange hat that is really a red/green hat!

Glad you're with us!

Redhawk, you DO need to come visit, lotsa great new IIT's, plus the old guard.

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

Kaiser Leib

Yeah, we have an army of orange hats.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

lysander6

Tom is a stud and we are lucky to have a man who knows his measure like Tom.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Ranger!
Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

Old_Lightfighter

Quote from: lysander6 on May 01, 2012, 09:50:25 AM

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger...

Man, I read that again - and hit the floor for some pushups...   ;D

Not for the weak or fainthearted.

Quite happy that I linked up with you guys.   O0