News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaseburg, WI April 21-22, 2012

Started by Old Glory!, April 22, 2012, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

Thanks to the Chaseburg Rod and Gun club for being a most gracious host to Appleseed in honor of April 19, 1775.

Stalwart target line ladies and gentlemen!
Super lunches both days!
Thanks to all the club members who support, promote and attend Appleseeds!

Thanks to everyone for attending.  What a great group of Americans!  Please register on the forum and reply here with your comments.  Good, bad and ugly.   ;)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

ahhshoot

Come on OG, you slacker. I know there is 30000 pics of this weekend on that camera of yours. Lets see em. Hold on I have an emoticon for this...
:pics:

Huge thanks to the club!! You guys are second to none.

What a great april 19th weekend. Amazing weather. We had so much family there!
It almost felt like the lexington green. All related by blood or marriage.
We had three men among us who knew what they were about...

Dan :~
Marvin :~
Kevin :~

Congratulations men, very well done.

We also have a new orange hat in the state of Wisconsin.
Amy Appleseed ^:)^ ^:)^

Welcome to the team.
See all of you on the trail.

Quote of the weekend,
8 year old Abigale staring at the firing line standing next to the line boss, rifles firing, "It's funer than it looks".

The past is only the future with the lights on.

Cooper

:pics:
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

dragonfly

Congrats and well done to All  O0

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Old Glory!

okay - okay shoot boss!  ~~:)    Some of us get to work today; more pics to come later.   

Excuse me now; I have to go fly myself up a flag pole.  (John  **))   

In alphabetical order........
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Cooper

More pix
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Cooper

and more pix

Cooper

And still more pix

Old Glory!

This is just TOO GOOD not to share.  It's from Aftermath; an old  >:D  shoot boss from MN.   Since we stole 2 fine instructors from MN for the weekend, I think it fitting that you all see what the rest of their State was doing whilst we basked in Sunshine and mild temps.  I feel kind of wimpy..

"AAR: Hinckley, MN - April 21-22, 2012
<< Reply #1 on: Today at 08:00:16 PM >>

Quote  Aftermath

Just as the clouds broke the horizon, on the 21st morning of April, anno domini, I awoke with my heart beating to the rhythm of the muster drum!  I hastily made my preparations - Mentally, physically and logistically - for the big day of the big weekend!
As I opened the front door and took that first step into the wild I was instantly reminded of what I love best about Minnesota!  The frost, gloriously making its last stand, melting as the cold rains poured upon it, a brisk wind it's only alliance.  Thought to myself - "'Tis the perfect weather for an Appleseed!"

Upon the first encounter, the Red Coats scoffed at us.
Noteah and Russellmn got to work - firing up the forge and shaping new Riflemen!
The shooters focused so hard on learning to shoot better that they barely realized their shooting mats had become soft-lined swimming pools!  The shooters persisted and groups shrank.  Lunch came and went quickly.  As they learned of the First Stike, hearts soften.  Upon the second they swelled with pride!  The tone was somber as we fired in volley upon the wet, paper redcoats - But a small token to honor the fallen who, a mere 237 years ago, stood up against the blood-lusting treacherous regular Redcoats.  Soon after the third strike of the match took flame and initiated a blaze that would set the country side in turmoil for the next eight years!
The shooters hoping they could measure up, set upon the anvil of the AQT - Red, in remembrance of blood shed on April 19th, 1775.   
Eager for a second chance at the Redcoats, the shooters prepared 13rds!
Those lobster backs didn't fare so well this time!
While we were packing up for the evening, after his AQT had sufficient time to dry, it was discovered that we did indeed have a man amongst us, who knew very well what he was about!  Jason - Yuppiejr had squeezed out a Rifleman's score on the last AQT!  Huzza!

Sunday morning the sun came out, and the wind settled down - It was a beautiful day for Appleseed!  'Iron Will' Kelli, the definition of Persistence and a seasoned Appleseeder, having endured just about every sort of weather and persevered despite set-backs, decide this was the day to she would become a Riflewoman!  She ended the day with the class high-score of 234?!"

Old Glory!

Trisha

I had an amazing time this weekend, thank you to the club, the instructors and of course the shooters for making this happen.

Throughout the weekend everyone wore a smile. I don't think I saw anyone not having a good time especially all the kids. I have never been to an Appleseed that has had many children as attendees. Keep up the shooting everyone, you ALL improved throughout the two days, just remember to be extra safe!!

I heard some comments about this weekend and what a great time everyone was having, one of my favorites came from Zac, our youngest attendee at 7 years old saying, "This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is."