News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus, WI April 21-22, 2012

Started by JoeZ, April 22, 2012, 06:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

Another April 19th commemorative shoot was well done. Only 7 shooters but we (the RWVA) have netted a new Red Hat Congats to Reckless Rick, two new orange hats, and a few other promotions. The weather was picture perfect even if we got a little sunburn.

Our group this time around was uncommonly disciplined. Speed of prepping mags, muzzle control, and even the cohesion of firing during the salute were all well done! I have proof, as pics and maybe even a video will follow.

Sunday was centerfire day! Many little round red (orange) coats fell quickly to our squad of instructors and Tom the shooter. The moa calculation was a mere 3.25 moa and yet many hits were scored and in rapid succession.

Thanks to the instructors for your help, thanks to the shooters for coming out, and thanks to the RWVA for this opportunity to improve my country in a concrete way.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

dragonfly

Congrats to Reckless Rick, and glad you all had a great time, and I've been dying to use this one:
:pics:

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

Looking forward to seeing/hearing more from the Hubertus group and your reports on the weekend.     O0

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

jrturbo

Probably one of the most unique and fun Appleseeds yet.  Sunday reminded me of the old days...... Thanks John, and Chris for stepping up!  Congrats to Janir, Hemifootr for your promotions, and to Rick for the Red Hat! He really knows his stuff. 
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

ahhshoot

The past is only the future with the lights on.

Trig

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

JoeZ

We must also welcome our two new orange hats, sennott and colddeadhands. O0 O0 O0
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

dragonfly

Thanks for stepping up  O0 O0
D-fly

Quote from: JoeZ on April 23, 2012, 11:21:52 PM
We must also welcome our two new orange hats, sennott and colddeadhands. O0 O0 O0
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Chris Z

Congrats to Rick  O0

Sennott and Colddeadhands thank you for taking the next step.  Shoot rifleman today. . . train riflemen tomorrow. 

cz

Muskyjerk

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Janir

I got some pics right here!

Our new Red Hat and our salute volley.

Quote from: dragonfly on April 22, 2012, 10:40:12 PM
Congrats to Reckless Rick, and glad you all had a great time, and I've been dying to use this one:
:pics:

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Reckless Rick

Ya know the only reason I became a red hat is because of the inspiration of all the people that I heard tell the history and have seen not just trying but making there community a better place but doing it... And love to shoot ,thanks  for the congratulations.
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

jrturbo

Link to the video of the Memorial Volley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlNa6Xp9djY

Enjoy,
Turbo

(just so you understand, we were at a club where other ranges are in use.  The random reports are from an adjacent range)
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

Brother_COM

I really really like how all rifles were fired at the same time. At our Memorial Appleseed Shoot the shots just all rang out at different times. If I ever get to SB a memorial Shoot, I'll ask participants to report (fire) immediately after the "FIRE" command! That was cool!

Live Free or Die!
Glen
Brother_COM

colycat

Finally watched the video.  It was very funny to see the shooters turn and look on the 14th name.  At our shoot I could have read 18 names and people would still have fired.  :slap:
Quote from: jrturbo on April 26, 2012, 02:46:27 PM
Link to the video of the Memorial Volley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlNa6Xp9djY

Enjoy,
Turbo

(just so you understand, we were at a club where other ranges are in use.  The random reports are from an adjacent range)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

jrturbo

Yeah.... all of us instructors thought that it was cool how well the volley stayed together.  Well disciplined, great bunch of shooters!