News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Vienna, OH April 28th-29th

Started by posterboy, April 30, 2012, 04:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Man ! A Great group showed up to Vienna Fish and Game Club to hear Heritage and learn Marksmanship !

Saturday morning started out cold and gray. Shooters eagerly arrived early and basically all at once ready for the day Huzzah!

We went thru the Appleseed grind and smiles grew as groups shrank and we had a repeat Rifleman ( Bruce) and A new Rifleman Mike by the end of the day !

The weather was tough on Saturday with cold/ rain and even snow /Sleet at times. Why couldn't we do this march when it was 80 degrees? !! ah Ohio weather..... >:D

Sunday we had some walk on shooters and the sore determined Saturday Shooters looking to earn the Patch.

The aqt grind did forge two new rifleman ! Jeff and Mark..brothers no less...a family of rifleman. ? I like the sound of that. Redman /tom confirmed his rifleman status repeatedly w/o a sling shooting a SCAR  :cool2: maybe someday you'll have the time again to put that orange hat back on.  Others were very close too but smashed against the Sunday wall. Don't worry there will be more Appleseeds and you will earn it next time ( danelle, "Sciatic" and others !)

It was a pleasure to work with all keep it up Velvet Orange, Fran , Patty ( thanks for bring the grand son.. THAT is posterity), Brian, Dean..man you were shooting some tiny groups by sunday. Special Huzzah to the Two Hunter's and Alex..man it was hard enough being a Adult in that weather but all of  you toughed it out with a very grown up rifleman attitude and smile ! Huzzah to our POSTERITY !

until next time.....

pb

JR patriots..Hunter and Alex

Happy with his Jager giving a feel for Mr  Wyman !

Team Destructo....with the winning star.or what is left of it L-R Hunter Sciatic Firsthandsmoke and Jim2

Some Dangerous YOUNG gals and token guy..Fran, Velvet Orange (leslie), Patty and Alex

MrHappy

Yes, it's always a pleasure to work the Vienna Fish and Game Club. A delightful location, wind in the pines, birds singing and the deep distant hum of C130 Gunships! Life is good! I love the sound of gunships in the morning...sounds like Liberty!
Saturdays raw weather made Sunday all the sweeter. Congrats to the new Riflemen, now pick up that orange hat  ~~:)
Those of you who were really, really close, remember Zen Master Happy sez "You can only grasp the pebble from my hand by not desiring to grasp it."
(Maybe the Summer of Love did more damage than I remember.)
Anyway, grasshoppers the book I mentioned was With Winning in Mind by Lanny Bassham. Good Stuff.
All in all another fine Appleseed!!
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

Edheler

Quote from: Thomas PaineThese are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.

I don't have the words to express how great it was to see everyone turn out on Saturday. We had rain, freezing rain, sleet, hail and a little bit of snow! Our high temperature was supposedly 45 but it must have snuck in there somewhere when I was not noticing. By coming and staying all day each and every one of you have a measure of what Thomas Paine was talking about. HUZZAH!

Thank-you to all of the shooters; it was a great weekend and I know there are going to be a few more new riflemen and riflewomen soon! Keep practicing and you will get your patch with persistence! Congratulations as well to our 3 new and 2 returning riflemen!

It was my first trip to the beautiful Vienna Fish and Game Club! You have quite a club and I look forward to coming back. Also a very special thanks to both MsMtnEagle and the caterer whom she found to fill us all up with hot meals at lunch. It would have been a larger challenge to stay warm on Saturday if I only had a cold ham sandwich to eat instead of the excellent pulled pork!

Sunday Riflemen:

MsMtnEagle

A fabulous weekend, with a fantastic staff and a super group of determined shooters!  The difference in weather between Sat and Sun was unreal!  You know what we say in Ohio, "if you don't like the weather, just stick around, it will change"  I had a great time working with the shooters and the staff.  A real pleasure to see the return shooters from last year and the new ones who are now hooked!  All in all, I can't think of a single thing I would change, it was ALL so wonderful! 
Pam
"I never said it would be easy, I said it would be worth it"
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"  
"What would you choose to do today if you KNEW that you would succeed?"

Charles McKinley

A special thanks to Vienna Fish and Game Club and its members for hosting us.

The attendees were great.  I invite them all to border raid and come to Slippery Rock.

It was a wonderful learnig experience under the guidance of Posterboy and MrHappy and fellow orange hats Ed, MsNtnEagle and Birdman.

Pictures will come tomorrow.

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Birdman

Hi All! I finally have a chance to post. What a great shoot! What exceptional folks! Everybody had a "teachable attitude", and quick learners, too.
Groups began tightening immediately.
The two Junior Rifleman did a great job with their muzzles and had some amazing groups. I don't know how many days I may have left on this earth, but I am sure glad that youngsters like these are going to be there to carry on the heritage and the marksmanship.  That was certainly a highlite of Vienna for me. And hey...you old(er) folks did great too!
Here are a few more pics: