News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Venango County Friends of the NRA

Started by Charles McKinley, April 22, 2012, 04:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

4/21/12 I attended the Venango County Friends of the NRA at the urging of the NRA Sr. Field Representative C. Thomas Baldrige.

Mr. Baldrige is going to approach clubs on each side of Pittsburgh for us. For those that don't know Pgh. they generally do not go outside of their quadrant with downtown being the center.  I suggested to Tom one out toward the airport (west), Monroeville (east), South Hills and North Hills/ Cranberry.

Another certificate was donated that allowed me to address to group twice.  Once at the beginning of the event and once when the drawing for the certificate was done.

I handed out trifolds and Red Coats to interested people, especially kids and their parents.

Contact with Mike Delong member and Jeff Fink, Instructor from the Oil City Issac Walton (Ikes) who introduced me to the President of the Ikes and he listened to my presentation and said he would introduce AS to the board about hosting Project Appleseed.

Contact with Ralph Reidel (sp?) of the Sandycreek Conservancy was made again.  He assured me that someone from the club was coming to an AS when there was not a conflict in scheduling and there was still interest in hosting and event there. (See earlier post)

I met a family that may be very useful in promoting Appleseed.  They are reinactors.  When I mentioned coming in costume they started rattling off different uniforms that they wanted me to have them appear in and I said YES!  The mother is the costume creator and the son, college roomate (adopted son) and their girlfriends are all into the history reenactment arena.

The organizer of Clarion County Youth Field Days extended an invitation to attend to our instructors.  They put over 400 kids through the program in one day at no cost to the kids.

EARLIER SATURDAY:
I was resupplying the tryfolds at Altra Arms in Jackson Center, PA I was put in contact with the Manager of Anthony Arms to help promote Appleseed!

I was told that Altra was to be opening an new building and range this summer!  They have a desire to host an AS there and Howard described a range that should be Perfect to host a shoot. ^:)^ :~ :--- (Hint Hint)
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Fred

O0      O0      O0      O0      O0      O0      O0      O0      O0

:)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

hawkhavn

That is some great 7th stepping!

Keep us all posted!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com