News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy Patriot's Day

Started by Yankeedutch, April 19, 2012, 07:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankeedutch

Hi Iowa,
looking forward to our upcoming events...remembering
the Patriots of years gone by.

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Miller

237 years ago today.
By the end of the day 40'000 men were encircling Boston.

Today?
I sit for a moment next to a pile of gear preparing to drive across the state and take some small part in keeping their legacy alive.

And on top of that pile of tent, cloths, chow, and all sorts of junk lies the clearest symbol of a free man.

A rifle.

Oh, and before I forget...
Happy birthday Mr. Wyman.
Fearful but resolute.

Cooper

Huzzah, indeed !

And HBD Hezekiah !

Don't forget Dubuque Apr 28-29!!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Miller

So long as the boss doesn't forbay it I fully intend to be at Dubuque next weekend as well.
And I may even have a PC for you.
Fearful but resolute.

Cooper

Quote from: Miller on April 19, 2012, 10:19:53 PM
So long as the boss doesn't forbay it I fully intend to be at Dubuque next weekend as well.
And I may even have a PC for you.

Huzzah indeed !!!

We may have a most honored guest joining us for the weekend... even more important than Jackie the Rifledog (gasp!) !!!!

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Miller

Fearful but resolute.

Cooper

Miller

Fearful but resolute.

Yankeedutch

You guys are silly.

Thanks for stepping up Miller.
We'll miss you at Winterset April 28-29.
Guess that Cooper will just have to keep you in line.

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Miller

Whew....
I thought you were going to say I had to keep Cooper in line....
Not sure I'm up for that...
Fearful but resolute.

Cooper

Miller:

Check your Personal Messages (and always remember that they are "person-directed-messages" and NOT "Private" Messages).

Cooper

Miller

Check, and answered.
I'll be there next weekend.
Should have a fist full of paperwork for you too.
Fearful but resolute.