News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy Patriots Day

Started by crash, April 19, 2012, 11:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

Just wishing all the Wisconsin Shooters and instructors a happy patriots day!  and for those that did not know:

The Wisconsin Senate approved Joint Resolution 9 and the Wisconsin Assembly concurred on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 proclaiming "April 19 of every year as Patriots' Day in the State of Wisconsin..."

"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Two Wolves

Happy Patriots Day from TEXAS!!   O0 O0 O0
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Foppish Dandy

^:)^ Happy Patriot's Day from California!
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

LawDog

Here's the Bayou State checking in! 

Evenstar

Happy Patriots' Day from Taterville!!! HUZZAH! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

grunt soldier

happy patriots day from Indiana.  and that is awesome that wisconsin approved that.  good stuff.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Charles McKinley

Happy Patriots Day from PA!

Glad the law makers got something right.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

George Hacker

Happy Patriot's Day from Washington State!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah! ^:)^

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

gonejohnny

GoldFish

Checking in from the great state of Ohio, wishing everyone a fantatic Patriots day, remembering, honoring, and continuing the work that courageous men started 237 years ago (and even before that).

Here are a couple of thoughts I ran across that might pertain to today, and rather than start a new thread somewhere else...

April 19, 1775...a day that will go down in history as the first 24 hour period of the Revolutionary War, a day that changed the course of the Nation being born as well as the course of the World. 

In Appleseed, we talk about how this began the Heritage, the Providential encounter of Marksmanship and History.  Without this fateful meeting, where would we be today?  I ask you now, was this meeting by chance?  Certainly not!  This day was set in motion by countless actions of our forefathers that were a testament to their forethought and preparation for such a day.  This day was set in motion by the actions of men decades, but what motivated these courageous men to begin with?  A passion and a vision for freedom.  The physical freedom that they pursued and fought for, and ultimately laid their lives down for, though, was simply a manifestation and expression of something that they held even closer and far more valuable: Spiritual Freedom that can only be found through Jesus Christ.  The vast majority of these men were unashamedly and unapologetically Christian.  The actions for innumerable pastors and preachers in Crusades and Reformations, decades before even the prep-work for April 19 began, laid the foundation for the American Revolution which, as we know, was won in the hearts and minds of our countrymen before the first shots were ever fired on April 19.           

Looking back 237 years today, we can know see that April 19 started the rise of the greatest Republic in modern history, if not of all time.  After the Revolutionary War ended, the American Revolution continued, and so did the Judeo-Christian mindset and actions that permeated the War.  As a direct result of this, the United States of America was founded upon the same principles that the War was founded upon, that mindset of Spiritual Freedom and the principles that follow therein.   

And while you still are enjoying some of the physical freedom that was won as a result of that fateful day, you may very well not be experiencing freedom of a different sort, true freedom.  I urge and encourage you to seriously think about freedoms that John Parker, Isaac Davis, Samuel Prescott, and so many others, had before April 19, 1775.  That spiritual freedom will change your life more than any physical liberty ever can.

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Trig

Happy Patriots Day everyone!  See ya on the line!  :---
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

dragonfly

Quote from: crash on April 19, 2012, 11:34:18 AM

The Wisconsin Senate approved Joint Resolution 9 and the Wisconsin Assembly concurred on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 proclaiming "April 19 of every year as Patriots' Day in the State of Wisconsin..."

Happy Patriots Day to all
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Cooper

Happy Patriot's day from Minnesconsiowa !!   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

See y'all on the line in 36 hours!!   O0

Cooper and Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Johnnyappleseed

Wow ,Wisconsin , O0
Has the bill been signed and will it go into effect next year?
Be great to have TV /radio coverage of this day the fight for liberty began.

Hopefully other state legislaures will follow suit .  ;)
Be nice to have state govt's promoting Appleseed via a patriots day .

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge