News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OPEN HOUSE - Illinois State Rifle Association - June 23, 2012

Started by Patriot Gal, April 16, 2012, 01:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

To all Illinois Instructors!

We have another wonderful opportunity to partner with ISRA in their Annual Open House at the range in Bonfield.  The date is Sat., June 23rd.

We will have a table to present Project Appleseed information and for that we have a new brochure magazine, handouts,  Issac Davis Logo decals and bookmarks to pass out.  We have several new Appleseed videos to play so everyone can get a glimpse of the many faces of Appleseed.

We'd like to see at least 7-8 instructors to man the table and also to go out on the ranges to assist with the various shooting areas of Rifle, Pistol, Air gun, shotgun, Muzzle loaders and Black powder guns. We should be able to help them out somewhere along the lines.  O0 I'll be coordinating our participation with the ISRA folks as instructors get signed up.

Please let me know as soon as you can if you will help with this. 
Thanks!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Ok, there have been 42 reads on this post! 

How many of you can we count on to help out that weekend? 

ISRA is one of our best supporters.

Even if you can only be there half a day, every little bit helps!
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Yogi

I signed up to help on the rifle range as part of my member agreement. CK can help in the AS booth for the day.

Patriot Gal

Excellent!  Thank you!! 

Will you be able to wear  your Appleseed T-shirt?   >:D

Quote from: JR on April 24, 2012, 12:04:23 PM
I signed up to help on the rifle range as part of my member agreement. CK can help in the AS booth for the day.

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Yogi

I plan to, not sure what they will want. I can wear the hat and keep some tri folds in my pocket and send people to the booth.

Johnnyappleseed

Sure wish I was able to go  ;D

If any of you have a chance to meet and talk with Richard Pearson ,give him a warm embrace for me .
He will have no idea who I am    :)) but I met and enjoyed talking with him at the knob creek MG event in 06 . Truly a well educated class act representive of the gun culture  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Patriot Gal

I'll let him know you send your regards!  He is a really nice man and a huge Appleseed supporter!

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on April 24, 2012, 12:13:38 PM
Sure wish I was able to go  ;D

If any of you have a chance to meet and talk with Richard Pearson ,give him a warm embrace for me .
He will have no idea who I am    :)) but I met and enjoyed talking with him at the knob creek MG event in 06 . Truly a well educated class act representive of the gun culture  O0

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

We still need some instructors to volunteer to help man the Appleseed booth/table for the ISRA Open House!!!  This is an important range for Appleseed so if you can come up, over, down for even half the day it would help the cause!    O0

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!! 
Patriot Gal
   :---

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Karl

I was able to change my schedule.......I'll be at ISRA on the 23rd all day working the table......Calling CM in a few minutes to let him know....

Thanks,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

lordjoker1977

11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

Be safe, shoot straight, have fun.

Oh, and you owe me pushups.

Castle Mountain

You guys will be like ping pong balls bouncing off each other. Have a great time.
What a thrill for Waffle!

Cheers,

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in