News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Three Forks MT April 14-15 2012

Started by Mark Davis, April 15, 2012, 08:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Wild day at the Samuel Whittamore Memorial range. Shooters came straggling in late, later, and even more tardy. Lots of help was available and we just kept working them in.
Some left early. We were glad to have them during the time they could spare.
No Riflemen on Sat. but lots of new people and kids. Tom and Barbie attended an appleseed last year and were moving up in score. Scott was pretty close.
The volley for liberty was held just minutes before 2 PM
At one point we had 19 shooters
For Sunday we expect three new shooters and will be starting at square again.

Mark Davis

Sunday, cool breezy morning insulated bibs felt good all day
Two of our new shooters were young ladys the other, Jeff a grizzled vetran of past appleseeds.
By the time we started on the first AQT sharp little ice crystal were falling. By the time we finished the AQT the snow had turned to large, soft sticky flakes, many shooters were wet and shivering.
Winterseed rifleman patches were awarded to Chris and Jeff both already riflemen.
We loaded up all out wet, muddy equipment and called it a day by 3:00
Thanks to everybody who came out to shoot and all the instructors who came out to help.

Mark Davis

Shadowman posted a link to television news coverage of our shoot under after "action reports from other sources".
Thank you Shadowman from Mark the computer klutz.

George Hacker

Quote from: Mark Davis on April 16, 2012, 07:57:31 AM
Shadowman posted a link to television news coverage of our shoot under after "action reports from other sources".
Thank you Shadowman from Mark the computer klutz.
You're welcome.  I was so excited about the news that I couldn't help myself and wait for the post.

It sounds like you had an excellent shoot with a lot of first time Appleseed shooters.  Well done! O0

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

thburr

Sunburns on Saturday and a blizzard on Sunday!
Slow going but fun was had by all. No snakes this time.
Lots of history from new folks.

Necee

Pictures from Saturday   :D

Necee

More Saturday  O0

Necee

Saturday pics end with scoring of AQT's.... unfortunately no riflemen

Necee

It was great to see so many kids on the line!  Luckily we had lots of instructors and patient dads to help them along!  We had a lovely blue sky and sunshine day on Saturday where everyone got a little sunburn  ::) and Sunday started out a little chilly with the sun trying to peek through but quickly turned COLD and ended with a blizzard.  We had 20 shooters on the line at one point on Saturday and Sunday we had about 8 participants and some instructors taking turns at the line.  Saturday we had quite a few participants that had never even touched a firearm let alone fired one- we changed that!  They were all patient and absorbed the information we threw at them and put it into practice.  We didn't get any patches out of them but did see the improvement throughout the day.  The returning participants were also impressive- they improve each time and it's nice to see them continue to work on their shooting  O0  I was so impressed with the kids both days- no complaints or whining :D  What a great group!  The group shooting AQT's on Sunday were AWESOME!  They started on AQT with what seemed like gale force winds (of course, for standing), snow/rain mixture coming horizontally at them for sitting and ended with the blizzard and being covered in snow.  They ALL held fast and finished the COF, and we even got a rifleman out of it!  It was nice to see the media there and she did a great story- maybe she'll come and attend a whole day or two next time!  Nice job Mark and Tom!   Thanks to everyone who came out and we hope to see you again!!

Mark Davis

That nice reporter lady from the local tv station called today. She and a coworker penciled 3 hours of range time for next tuesday.
I'm going to meet them at Logan range for an itsy bitsy appleseed.
I have to figure out what history I'm going to tell them.

TruTenacity

Quote from: Mark Davis on April 17, 2012, 08:30:29 PM
That nice reporter lady from the local tv station called today. She and a coworker penciled 3 hours of range time for next tuesday.
I'm going to meet them at Logan range for an itsy bitsy appleseed.
I have to figure out what history I'm going to tell them.

Fantastic!!
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9