News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shoot schedule

Started by Drfury, April 08, 2012, 10:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drfury

Hello there! First post! I'm wondering if I could get a few questions answered for me. I really want to make it to the May Appleseed shoot in Winterset, but of course something has come up. My question to you guys has to do with the planned schedule of events for the first day of shooting. Id really like to be there for the majority of the instruction going on the first day, but I may have to leave early on Saturday. So I wanted to get an idea of what would be going on the last hour or two of the first day. I guess I should also ask whether it would be prudent/acceptable to leave early. Let me know, thanks.
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Yankeedutch

Hi Drfury,

Welcome to Appleseed!!
Most of the basics of rifle safety, position shooting, sling useage etc. are done Saturday morning to mid afternoon. 
We would love to have you there even if only for a part of the day.
On Sunday, we start with a review, though the pace is faster and we do more shooting.
If you can come back on Sunday that would be great.   We can help catch you up if this is needed.
The teaching is ongoing over both of the days.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Dutch 
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke