News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How it gets done, Sausage making Appleseed style

Started by The Wolfhound, April 05, 2012, 09:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

We have found a new range and will likely be on their schedule NEXT year.  The possiblity of a shoot this year still exists but they schedule rather far ahead.  Here is how it worked:

Sashok.Privetov (Alex) was taking an NRA course.  He chatted about this "thing called Appleseed".  He left someone interested in it.  He forwarded the contact information to his State Coordinator.  His State coordinator desperate for new ranges (a condition common to all SCs) pounced and followed up.  The nearest shoot boss was dispatched to shoot at an event there, make personal contact, evaluate the range for our purposes, (ahem, win the event, ahem, make money, ahem) and pave the way for a visit with the range operation.  Last night we had the meeting and I believe we WILL have events there in the future.  They like what we do and want us there.  At the meeting I made contact with a member connected to a University that has a range.  This lead will be followed up. Another place we might shoot is added to the list.
I do not know if Alex meant for that all to happen or if it was a casual conversation (I suspect the former) but his willingness to discuss Appleseed made new things possible.  From one contact several have spawned.  Talk it up.  Share with your State Coordinators make it grow.  Thanks again Alex!

The Wolfhound

Update time!  The paperwork is done and within days the first shoot will be official.  Izaac Walton League in Lynchburg is onboard for a shoot December 8-9, 2012.  Many e-mails, several range visits and 6 months of effort on the part of several individuals (most especially "SGTMACE" who served as point man/local contact) led to this achievement.  But it would not happen if not for Alex and his discussion of Appleseed at another shooting event.  Tell the world what we do and opportunity will follow.  Start checking Eventbright for the registration info as it should show up any day.  Welcome aboard Lynchburg!

CaptG

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill