News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pennsylvania's 1st IBC... UPDATE

Started by Chainsaw, April 03, 2012, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

Up till now we've always had to travel to get our learnins.

Our first IBC will be:

Memorial Day weekend
May 26-27
North Chester County Sportsmans Club
Elverson, PA

Here is the INFO link:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28749.0

All are invited.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Edheler

It looks like a tough weekend for hotels. Only the Econo Lodge, on the information for a regular Appleseed, has any rooms left. They allow for up to 3 beds in a room, if anyone is interested in sharing a room. So, the operative question for me is if there is somewhere I can setup my cot or should I book a room?

GEmanuel

Quote from: Edheler on April 03, 2012, 01:04:11 PM
It looks like a tough weekend for hotels. Only the Econo Lodge, on the information for a regular Appleseed, has any rooms left. They allow for up to 3 beds in a room, if anyone is interested in sharing a room. So, the operative question for me is if there is somewhere I can setup my cot or should I book a room?

We have permission to camp on site at NCCSC. You could also set up your cot in the clubhouse. There are no showers, but there is good indoor plumbing available at the clubhouse which will be our classroom also. Looking forward to seeing you.
Chainsaw is working on the admin side of things and will be getting more word out, but, this should take care of your immediate concern.
George
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Edheler

Quote from: GEmanuel on April 03, 2012, 01:17:30 PM
We have permission to camp on site at NCCSC. You could also set up your cot in the clubhouse. There are no showers, but there is good indoor plumbing available at the clubhouse which will be our classroom also. Looking forward to seeing you.

Excellent, then I will plan on arriving on Friday night then since it's a 5.5 hour drive to get there.

SSG Platz

put me down as being there! Ill pitch my tent and make a little camp fire.
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Chainsaw

Memorial Day weekend
May 26-27
North Chester County Sportsmans Club
Elverson, PA

OK here's the INFO link:

Here is the INFO link:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28749.0

All are welcome!

Remember, register early and often!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

SSG Platz

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Charles McKinley

I'll check the calander.  Hey Ed wanto to carpool?  It's not like gas is going to be $4++ /gal or anything.  Plus tolls  ++)
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

SSG Platz

Let me know if you guys plan to go up the Friday before, and around what time you plan to be there, maybe we can all throw up our tents in the same area and make some s'mores =^) when it gets closer to the time we can exchange info.

~PlatzOut~

Edheler

I will be there Friday night probably between 9-10PM. I don't have a tent large enough for my cot at the moment... so unless the clubhouse it open Friday night I might have to learn how comfortable my Jeep is. :)

SSG Platz

Who needs a cot, all you need is a sleeping bag and a pillow.

SSG Platz

The link for the event says State laws to be aware of, then it just takes you to the attorney generals website. So.... What PA laws should we be aware of??

Edheler

I would guess it is mostly so people know how to properly transport firearms if they are from out of state. You know some states have crazy laws, like cities of the first class which have different rules. ;)

Quote from: SSG Platz on April 09, 2012, 10:54:47 PM
The link for the event says State laws to be aware of, then it just takes you to the attorney generals website. So.... What PA laws should we be aware of??

SSG Platz

I know that's right, who wants to open carry in Philly anyway, I rather CC that way the bad guys are suprised!

mal

Signed up.  Thanks.  If you need help with anything, let me know.  I'm not too far from there.

Oh, & sorry about the brainfart with the PM.  I saw "Lewistown", "instructors", "sharpen skills", etc & immediately thought of all the info & fun of KD Day there last year...  Heh!  Funny how the brain works, or at least how mine works, anyway...
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

GEmanuel

OK I am signed up.
I will be available on friday to let those traveling and camping on friday evening into the club grounds.
PM with your arrival time and I will coordinate with you, and provide you with my cellphone number. I am 20 minutes from the club.
Chainsaw if you need anything let me know.
Thanks
George
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

EZ3

I'm in.  Is there a carpool on Friday for those of us west of the Alleghenies?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

SSG Platz

I'm in Levittown, and plan to drive up sometime Friday. I can take three other people if they are close and want to meet either at my house or between my house the turnpike.  Any one interested  PM me between now and then and we can work out the details.

Edheler

One thing not mentioned yet is food. Will some be provided (for some $) or should we plan to bring our own?

lprgcfrank

Quote from: Edheler on April 10, 2012, 09:43:46 PM
One thing not mentioned yet is food. Will some be provided (for some $) or should we plan to bring our own?

Bring your own.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Chainsaw

Quote from: lprgcfrank on April 10, 2012, 10:35:41 PM
Quote from: Edheler on April 10, 2012, 09:43:46 PM

Bring your own.

I thinking of doing some cooking...  maybe a little bbq/cookout.  Let me think.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

SSG Platz

Let me know if you need me to bring anything food wise, I'm down to help out however I can.

GEmanuel

Guys only six Instructors have registered as of today. It is difficult to beleive that only six PA Instructors can benefit from this opportunity.
Border raiders are more than welcome!!

Roverace

I' m registered, Let me know if I can help in any way

Roverace

SSG Platz

Quote from: Roverace on May 14, 2012, 02:28:09 PM
I' m registered, Let me know if I can help in any way

Roverace

Get 3 more friends to come!

~PlatzOut~

Charles McKinley

Hi George,

Thanks for the eventbright link.  DeckApe and I will be there.  We will get in late Friday as we will have to leave after he gets home from work.

Will there be time for live fire while we are there?  If so 22 or KD?

Thanks

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

lprgcfrank

all cailbre's are good to go here.  I had a .50 beowulf on the line last year.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

SSG Platz

I'm down either way, I've got the M4 and the savage, also should have my M24a2 by then as well.

~PlatzOut~

GEmanuel

While we did not specifically get the use of the ranges as part of the IBC, they are available til dusk on Saturday and Sunday. As long as we allow room for club members on the line you should be able to informally shoot. As Frank said all calibers are welcome, max range is 150 yards for rifle, and 25 and 50 for pistol.
No shooting Saturday before 9am or Sunday before 10am.
Quote from: Stand on May 15, 2012, 10:30:34 PM
Hi George,

Thanks for the eventbright link.  DeckApe and I will be there.  We will get in late Friday as we will have to leave after he gets home from work.

Will there be time for live fire while we are there?  If so 22 or KD?

Thanks

Stand

sashok.privetov

Quote from: Chainsaw on April 11, 2012, 07:56:33 AM
I thinking of doing some cooking...  maybe a little bbq/cookout.  Let me think.

Can't we just shoot a stray deer?
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.