News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Whats happening ?

Started by shane, April 02, 2012, 11:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane

Just looking to see what my fellow Louisiananians are up to since there is not much activity here. Me, I have been building turkey calls for folks and practicing getting into position and doing a good bit of dry fire. Had a chance to remove several nuisances from our pond and was pleased to see the practice was paying off nicely.

How about the rest of ya ?

LawDog

Shane - We are all getting excited about meeting you at a Shoot soon!  That's what's up!  And in the interim, we have a new Red Hat (kd5ozj) from Eunice, had a great Shoot in Amite, and moved the state line east a bit to work an event in Biloxi.  Now to get you on the Line and shooting Rifleman!
LD

shane

Remember I have the orthopedic test to take in a week or so and if I pass I can go back to work may 1st and get off of sick leave, however if I dont  pass then odds are I wont be at the shoot because I will still be on sick leave and confined to the house.

I am optimistic about it and have been hiking a couple miles 2 times a week through the cutover to some land I have and back to the house. Had to get permission just to do that lol!

Looking forward to meeting yall as well. I ordered 50 of the AQT targets and downloaded the AQT timer for my phone. If all the rain will stop I can fire off some rounds instead of just dryfire. Still having issues with transitioning to the the prone and sitting position from standing simply because my knee wont move fast enough and is still tight. I am losing a lot of time on the transition. Starting to work on mag changes too.

LawDog

We can modify the COF for you if transitions are still a problem when you get to a Shoot.  Do not let that stop you.  Keep practicing - I want to see the Shoot Boss hand you that patch!

shane