News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kemmerer Wyo Appleseed After action report

Started by risky buisness, May 31, 2008, 09:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

risky buisness

Day 1, yea baby, were Appleseeding alright, GREAT group, 21 in fact. All came with a teachable attitude!!! We've got folks from Montana, Northern Utah, Southern Utah, Eastern Wyoming, home town folks too. Some kids, some older guys , skill level, is as of course widley varied. We have an entire familly group, brothers ,sisters husbands , wives Moms, Dads. we even have a professional rifle shooter, a man who is a state predator control officer.
All are in agreement that this program is the best.
Get this: NO WIND, bright sunny conditions, mabye 70 degrees today. Oh did I mention, NO WIND. We blasted redcoats, npoa stars, sighter squares, the whole enchalida guys, made one Rifleman on the first aqt. Severall more knocking on the door.
Looks like we have severall instructor canidates and a new location for more Appleseeds as well. This is too cool, fully 1/4 of our shooters here are girls!
Can't beat that. The history portion was well recived and the message very well understood, geeze I love this stuff. Well thats all for now, it's cool down time. more tommorow ----risky
PS, hey, Bravo break out the blue dress for your guys, they didn't show.
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

hawkhavn

Risky Buisness,

What a coincedence, I was just looking at airfares for the trip out there in July for the RBC!  Glad to hear it's off toa  good start, see you in a few weeks.

hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

colonial shooter

Sounds like you have a good turnout, lets see what happens in the morning. Our weather in the east was the same. See AAR for more.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

risky buisness

Well, after all dust has cleared the brass policed up and the range closed, we finally find time to add our commentary regarding what went down this weekend in Kemmerer.
Great attendance for this rather odd part of the country, grand total, 22 we lost some first day shooters but then again gained some as well when Sundays roll was called. From the other Appleseed shooters I have been around I found this group to be rather different, not perhaps cut from the same bolt of cloth, this bunch was 100% teachable, we had first timers go from not hit the redcoat, to Sunday, shoot 150 +.
From the group in total, we forged 6 RIFLEMEN, that is about 30% of our participants qualifing for that coveted honor, with severall 205s in close contention for it. We had constitunial club instructors, community leaders, and some very finely educated persons in our group. Entire familly units attended, some from a great distance, professional rifle users and regular guys.
All in all I believe that this particular Appleseed was a huge sucess, not only personaly as it was my first as a shoot boss, but for our participants who eagerly consumed all the knolowdge we could inpart and came away better shooters, and perhaps better patroits too. I must thank my fellow instructors, Pat,and Horn, what a tremendous effort guys, these men certianly know what they are about.
The weather was perfect, temps in the 70s NO WIND, a remarkable lady from the Kemmerer gun club prepared lunch for the group both days, and the members of the Kemmerer gun club deserve our thanks for there commitment to the Appleseed program as well.
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

FiremanBill

Risky Business

I am the AS historian.  Am reviewing AS AARs.  Can you tell me the dates of the Kemmerer AS?  (The site will soon have listings for all AS events.)

Thanks
FiremanBill
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Jack Ryan for President!

CQ CQ CQ de N8NRT.....

colonial shooter

FB

In reviewing this forum I have an answer to your question.

This event occured the same weekend as the Douglas,WY AS title the "Best of the West". May 31 08
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana