News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Our Sunday Drive

Started by Chris Z, March 26, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Z

The family and I went on a little drive after Mass yesterday.  About 3 miles NW of La Grange WI we came across the Little Prarie Cemetary.  Here is what caught our attention http://www.hmdb.org/Marker.asp?Marker=46669

I never new...  Thank you David Janes.

cz

Fred

O0

Nice to see! (And led me to read up on when the Treaty of Paris was signed/ratified - in Jan, 1784 in this country!)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Foppish Dandy

Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Johnnyappleseed

Nice  O0
I have a dumb question  :D Is this place close to Janesville ? Any known connection?
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Trig

Thanks for sharing Chris!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

dragonfly

David Janes born1762-died Sept.29 1848. Really cool  he actually lived long enough for Wisconsin to become the 30th state May 29 1848.
Thanks for the thread Chris  O0 .

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Chris Z

Yes it's fairly close to Janesville, about 30 miles.  No relation just a curious find for me just out on a drive.  As a result of this, I've contacted the organisation responsible for putting up the sign that caught my attention. . . the Wisconsin Society Sons of the American Revolution and gave them a primer on RWVA and invited them to come out and shoot with us.  I'll let you know if and what I hear back.

cz

SavageShootr

Great job contacting the SAR!

Keep us informed.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

dragonfly

O0 O0 O0
Thanks,
D-fly   Keeping the Faith

Quote from: Chris Z on March 26, 2012, 08:58:07 PM
Yes it's fairly close to Janesville, about 30 miles.  No relation just a curious find for me just out on a drive.  As a result of this, I've contacted the organisation responsible for putting up the sign that caught my attention. . . the Wisconsin Society Sons of the American Revolution and gave them a primer on RWVA and invited them to come out and shoot with us.  I'll let you know if and what I hear back.

cz
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

neoinarien

Nice!

Thanks for sharing Chris!