News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

thinking forward

Started by smoakingun, March 23, 2012, 04:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

Comming this october, there is a fall festival in windsor, fl. (That's near gainesville). It was suggested to me last year that maybe I should set up a booth for appleseed. This is a carnival type event where local churches set up games and give candy to the kids. The thinking goes that I should set up some kind of applesed gallery, maybe shot with bb guns? Does anyone out here have any experience with, or ideas for this kind of stuff?
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Sly223

NO REAL EXPERIENCE BUT A WILLINGNESS,we can talk about it at the IBC.
Get a shoot box and table and mingle with like minded people,I'm in! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

9mm4545

Hey, I'm in. Keep me posted.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

oneshot_onehole

SKG,
Give me a call next week (I'm at a shoot this weekend)
719-287-4199
Jim

scuzzy

Quote from: smoakingun on March 23, 2012, 04:11:58 PM
The thinking goes that I should set up some kind of applesed gallery, maybe shot with bb guns? Does anyone out here have any experience with, or ideas for this kind of stuff?

I'd done a preparedness expo back in Feb where we setup a small shooting range with hay bale backers. We had a few Daisy BB guns. Man, was that popular. It was non stop shooting. The kids, and a few adults, had a blast.

And while the kids are busy shooting you have a captive audience with the parents standing there. Good time for 7th stepping.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

smoakingun

is there a version of the red coat scaled to 10 or 15 ft?
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Sly223

Ask NHale or his Brother Bruce, they held our IBC a couple years ago now but, also have a lot of scaled down targets,I did not see the hits count!
ASK him he may have whats needed, and just never needed that target!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Barbie

Quote from: scuzzy on March 23, 2012, 07:03:40 PM
Quote from: smoakingun on March 23, 2012, 04:11:58 PM
The thinking goes that I should set up some kind of applesed gallery, maybe shot with bb guns? Does anyone out here have any experience with, or ideas for this kind of stuff?

I'd done a preparedness expo back in Feb where we setup a small shooting range with hay bale backers. We had a few Daisy BB guns. Man, was that popular. It was non stop shooting. The kids, and a few adults, had a blast.

And while the kids are busy shooting you have a captive audience with the parents standing there. Good time for 7th stepping.

This is a great idea... I'm going to share it with folks from my state... this may be something that we could do at local 4-H fairs (if allowed), if not, possibly at other events.  Good thinking  O0
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.